Post your highest 3dMark06 Scores!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Flying-Squirrel said:
No we won't answer that stupid question. Either you decide to OC in which case you should go read all the stickies and learn, or you decide not to in which case we don't want to talk to you in the first place :p

Thanks for being a Diick, I have read the stickies. The stickies dont tell me whether I should try and OC an x850xt or how well they will do it. so why dont you F*CK OFF if you dont have anything helpful to say.:beard:

95_GSX said:
Is there something I should do to bump my score??? I have never tried OC'ing anything but I would be interested in trying it with my GPU. I dont know how well these X850XT OC. What about OC'ing my CPU?? I am a little leary of doing that because it run's in the high 50* C range as it is (when I am gaming). Some insight on this would be greatly appreciated.:beard:

Oh, and what is HDR/SM3.0??? Thanks.

apparently the x8*** series were crap... I've always used Nvidia so... i wouldn't know... the only things I could suggest would be to make sure you have the newest drivers, and look for an overclocking utility for ati cards... (for example: Nvidia uses Rivatuner)

50C doesn't seem like a bad temp when considering gfx cards...

and... I'm not sure what HDR is.. but SM3.0 is shader module 3... or pixel shader and your card doesn't have it as far as I know... (I'm pretty sure thats an Nvidia thing)

Juice Daddy said:
he's a PHONY!!!

oh, and btw... please don't consider me a d!ck as well... I was simply quoteing something I saw on family guy...

well then... back on topic

~post your highest 3d06 scores~

Juice Daddy said:
apparently the x8*** series were crap... I've always used Nvidia so... i wouldn't know... the only things I could suggest would be to make sure you have the newest drivers, and look for an overclocking utility for ati cards... (for example: Nvidia uses Rivatuner)

and... I'm not sure what HDR is.. but SM3.0 is shader module 3... or pixel shader and your card doesn't have it as far as I know... (I'm pretty sure thats an Nvidia thing)

I should have clarified, 50*C is my CPU temp. I know my GPU has gotten into the 70*C's gaming. ATI came out with the Catalyst Control center for their GPUs I would assume it is similar to Rivatuner.Also the x850xt has "Smartshader HD" witch is a pixel shading engine. I wonder if 3dmark isnt designed to test it?

EDIT----> Right now my GPU is @45*C with a memory clock of 594, so i guess i will go an run 3dmark and see if it makes a difference. Also I looked into max GPU temps at ATI's website and couldn't find one. If you guys know where i could find that it would be appreciated. That scored a 2236. so i guess i will keep bumping it up until my untill the card clocks itself back, CC does this.

EDIT#2---> Alright when I bumped the GPU mem clock to 608mhz my score dropped to 2214. What causes this??? thanks.

I have heard people talk about "opening up more pipelines" on there GPUs what is this about??? Thanks.:beard:

95_GSX said:
EDIT----> Right now my GPU is @45*C with a memory clock of 594, so i guess i will go an run 3dmark and see if it makes a difference. Also I looked into max GPU temps at ATI's website and couldn't find one. If you guys know where i could find that it would be appreciated. That scored a 2236. so i guess i will keep bumping it up until my untill the card clocks itself back, CC does this.

EDIT#2---> Alright when I bumped the GPU mem clock to 608mhz my score dropped to 2214. What causes this??? thanks.

I have heard people talk about "opening up more pipelines" on there GPUs what is this about??? Thanks.:beard:

Anyone know what happened here???? Thanks.
:beard:

Juice Daddy said:

oh, and btw... please don't consider me a d!ck as well... I was simply quoteing something I saw on family guy...

well then... back on topic

~post your highest 3d06 scores~

Haha that's a pretty good episode of family guy.

2236 and 2214 aren't all that different...but when you overclock past what your card can handle, it'll perform worse.

Some video cards have pipelines that are locked...the agp 6800gs for example has 12 pipelines stock, but it actually contains 16 pipelines...sometimes you can unlock the other 4 pipelines...but a lot of times the extra pipelines are damaged.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom