new PSU - wth?

Status
Not open for further replies.

meefle

In Runtime
well my computer crashed whenever i played deus ex, started limewire, and after a while Chronicles of Rid**** started crashin too (it was playable for a while). i've tried reformatting and everything.... just put in a new PSU ( New PSU ) and it still does it. What could be causing the computer to crash on when startin certain stuff? (Deus Ex crashes when i click the mouse to pull up the menu)

Hrm.. thats a good one... i would say well i really dont know, Is the PSU the only thing you changed?

It sounds like your putting a heavy load on your CPU causing it to need more voltage so i would say you probly dont ahve enough power under your hood ^_^

yea i've only changed my PSU... could the HD be a problem... its a couple years old.... or could a virus cause this problem... Mcafee doesnt detect anything but then again... i've heard Mcafee isnt that great but i trust them.

well i just put the new PSU in yesterday. rid**** worked fine with the old PSU and then one day i wanted to play it just crashed my computer like Deus Ex and Limewire would. so i started a forum.. they told me to get a new PSU and so i did and limewire and deus ex still dont work. i havent tried rid**** yet (5 discs to install and just havent had the time).

spyware or some other malicious program. just b/c mcafee doesnt detect anything doesnt really mean anything....if all else fails reformat....btw, when you "updated" your PSU, you got one with higher wattage right?

i have mcafee antispy ware too and that doesnt detect nething and i'm not reformating cause i've reformated about 5 times already. about the wattage... idk wut wattage i had before so i couldnt tell u but i think i got more wattage.

well when deus ex crashes, a blue windows screen pops up for a second and its impossible to read. i could only make out one word and i think it said "hardware" i had trouble installin windows the first time cuz hal.dll (which is a hardware file) was missin or corrupt but i just formated my hd with powermax and it worked fine after.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom