cable management......

Status
Not open for further replies.

harry18

Daemon Poster
right, so the inside of my comp is so busy and untidy cos of soo many cables, you cant see it or anything but it really bothers me, any sugestions, other than cover it in cable ties?

naa my case is huuuge, its a server case, it just has a ton of cables, im gonna take everything out and put it back, hopefully make it a litttle better.

For cheaper than that. Go to a DIY store and buy some ZIP ties, and wrap the wires in them so it is a long stream and direct it into the drive bays, and tie it in there.

yea thats sort of what i tried to do, but some of the cables are to short and stuff....grr

I have a better suggestion, do you have holes in your case? I have holes on my motherboard tray at the front of it (hard to explain) but anyway, I have nearly all my cables going into that. Maybe you could do the same, if you don't have holes, a drill?

Edit, I will show you a pic.

Here are some pics, put cables in any space that will make your case more tidy.

mypc8.jpg

mypc5.jpg

mypc6.jpg

mypc7.jpg

I couldn't make some sense out of a few of the posts above, so here's my tip:

A lot of people here have found that taking the cables behind the motherboard and sending them out at the proper places looks great and it provides great airflow.

Ryan

FghtinIrshNvrDi said:
I couldn't make some sense out of a few of the posts above, so here's my tip:

A lot of people here have found that taking the cables behind the motherboard and sending them out at the proper places looks great and it provides great airflow.

Ryan

thats exactly what i was gonna say....route as much as you can behind the mobo tray, espcecially the unused ones. Also, stick as much as you can in unused drive bays, and to keep them there use some zip ties or twisty ties (eg. the ones that come with trashbags...)

If I interpreted that correctly... in Trifids post those cables seem to be comeing out of the side of the case..

maybe. maybe not...

gives me an idea though....

if you had lite up cables.. it would look interesting to make a mod where the cables could come in and out of the case...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom