Bfg 6800gt Vs 7800gs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raphael Argus

Daemon Poster
Hello All,

When comparing the BFG 6800GT and 7800GS which card is better? Sorry to sound like a newbie, but when it comes to a good video card I am a newb. These would both be the AGP version, I'm trying to just get something that can add a good year or so to my system.

I know the 7800GS is newer, but I don't know the difference between the GS/GT or if the performance increase justifies the price difference.

I usually shop on NewEgg, but if anyone can recomend one of these cards at a good price feel free to post a link. Does not have to be BFG, that just happens to be the brand I was looking at.

Any help would be appreciated.

7800GS is the best AGP card out right now, but as far as bang for your buck, you would be better off going 6800GS AGP. Save your money now and build a new system next summer when DX10 cards and Vista hit.

Normally I would just hold off but a few great games coming out I want to play and I know my 5700LE is going to choke. I'm going to have to upgrade or I won't even be able to play them unless I run a low res with no options. Yuck!

How much better is the 6800gs over the 6800gt? I mean, what is the main difference between the two cards?

i would get a 6800GT save your money like stated above and i am looking for a low end graphic card (freind needs one) are you welling to sell that one if so PM me:)

wait get het 6800GS for cause i heard you can unlock some piplines and it can go as fast as the GT and its cheaper... but i heard that can't back it up but...

The GS is as fast as the GT stock. You can rarely unlock the pipes, but you can OC the crap out of it to almost reach 7800GS speeds. I don't think you can get the 6800GT anymore, so the 6800GS is your choice. The new cards are supposed to be comming in March btw.

A friend of mine is building a PCIE system and said he will sell me his 6800GT for $150. Sound like a fairly good buy? If so, I'll pick that up and be done with upgrading for a while. Hopefully that will be able to handle some of the newer games I wanted to play.

On a side note, I see the 6800GS are new now for about $180, so if the 6800GT card is NOT a good deal for $150 please let me know. It's a BFG card if that matters.

tell him 120, because for 30 you could get much better, including eVGA with great cust. support, and replacement thing even if its ocing damage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom