server question

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikie7boy

Beta member
Hello i've been set a university assignment where i have to cost 20 workstations, a file server and its backup. When costing the server i have noticed that most of the of the ready made servers all have a Pentium 4 processor.

It there a reason for this?

Also can someone tell me if i've got this right...

If i was to specify a full version of windows 2000 server with 25 clients i wouldn't need to cost any other software for the workstations and the operating software required for each workstation would be able to be installed via the server removing the need for a cd drive on each of the workstations.

If the above is not right could someone let me know what i would need to specify for operating software

Cheers Michael...

Tell me exactly what Costing a server is please. The 25 client count, no, does not remove the need for a CD. The only way to do that would be to make an Image using Ghost, or you can set up a deploy package within the server to enable it to deploy that software and install it on the clients. Dont ask me how to do this though, I dont know. I just know you can.

What is the scope of the project? What is your goal when designing the network (What will it be for?) What are the cost constraints?

These few questions will determine what kind of hardware, software and time will be needed to complete the project.

MinDFreeZ said:
Ring... Ring... Hello .... ? ... ? Cost?..................... uh huh.. click

What the crap are you talking about? Dont patronize me please, I dont know what Costing means and you dont have to give me crap for not knowing what it means.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom