Expensive Build, need help

Status
Not open for further replies.

addy_010

Beta member
ok im going all out and starting from scrath and planning to build me the ultimate gaming pc for £1400 buying each part seperately and building it myself, buying from overclockers.co.uk.

here is what i have UPDATED (Version 3):

CP-127-AM AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core 4400+ (Socket 939) - Retail (ADA4400CDBOX) (CP-127-AM)
£289.95

CD-024-NE NEC ND4550 16x16 DVD±RW Dual Layer ReWriter (Black) - OEM (CD-024-NE)
£25.50

HD-018-SA Samsung SpinPoint P SP2504C 250GB SATA-II 8MB Cache - OEM (HD-018-SA)
£61.95

CA-024-LL Lian-Li PC V1000 PLUS Silver Aluminium Midi-Tower (No PSU) (CA-024-LL)
£114.95

MY-079-CS Corsair 2GB DDR XMS3200C2PT TwinX (2x1GB) CAS2 (MY-079-CS)
£129.95

GX-046-CO Connect3D ATI Radeon X1900 XT-X 512MB GDDR3 AVIVO TV-Out/Dual DVI (PCI-Express) - Retail (3055) (GX-046-CO)
£329.95

MB-091-AB Abit AT8 ATI RD480 Crossfire (Socket 939) PCI-Express Motherboard (MB-091-AB)
£74.95

HD-000-MI Mitsumi FA 404M 7in1 USB 2.0 Floppy & Media Drive - Silver (HD-000-MI)
£13.95

Subtotal £1,041.15
VAT £182.21
Total £1,223.36

Im currently looking at PSU right now.

Thanks for any help i get.

p.s. My mum should hopefully be getting a new screen soon so i will be inherating her old one which is a CRT prob about 1280x1024 maybe bigger

PSU- http://www.overclockers.co.uk/acatalog/Hiper.html
Mobo - Asus A8N32-SLi Deluxe nForce4 SLi X16 (Socket 939) PCI-Express (MB-118-AS)- http://www.overclockers.co.uk/acatalog/ASUS_Socket_939.html
Gfx card - Imo go with a NVIDIA 7800 Series -
http://www.overclockers.co.uk/acatalog/nVidia_Graphics_Cards.html

I think other fans will be needed if oc'ing

The mobo i suggested has enough usb ports and floppy disks are hardlys ever used now so you wouldnt need the "HD-000-MI Mitsumi FA 404M 7in1 USB 2.0 Floppy & Media Drive - Silver (HD-000-MI) £13.95"

A gaming Pc wouldnt need that much hard drive space and if you were going with Sata i would recommend - 2* Western Digital Raptor 36.7GB WD360GD 10,000RPM SATA 8MB Cache

Good luck.

hey thanks for the relpy

im going with a floppy drive for 2 reasons. 1. to install windows on a sata HD apperatnly you need a floppy drive, and 2. i have a micro SD memory card for my phone and im pretty sure this floopy drive reads them.

im going to stikc with this HD as its much cheaper then the raptor ones and has miuch more space for similar speeds and results

Sorry but on a gaming PC you shouldnt need 250gb.
Also its not similar speeds if you set them 2 hdds up with raid 0 and tbh it isnt that much more expensive for the results. If you changed the gfx card to a NVIDIA 7800 Series you would get that extra cash back, since you said " the ultimate gaming pc" that extra speed helps.
Never heard of having to use a floppy disk on a sata hd :/
Just abit of friendly advise and have fun building your new system.

Jam3s-Zer0 said:
Sorry but on a gaming PC you shouldnt need 250gb.
Also its not similar speeds if you set them 2 hdds up with raid 0 and tbh it isnt that much more expensive for the results. If you changed the gfx card to a NVIDIA 7800 Series you would get that extra cash back, since you said " the ultimate gaming pc" that extra speed helps.
Never heard of having to use a floppy disk on a sata hd :/
Just abit of friendly advise and have fun building your new system.

Yeah but this isn't just a gamin PC, will have things on it such as music, photo's just these things arent what im basing the computer round, everything i get i want it to run games best and apps second.

ok i said the ultimate gaming PC but i also said for £1400. I have had much advice from many other forums that the new sata2 drives are almost the same as raptor drives but are much cheaper, so for bang for buck sata2 is far better. Having 2 drives in raid0 also increeases the chances of loosing data and if one goes it all goes.

Having 2 GPU's in SLI isnt that much better, its more or a gimmick that companies use to make more sales, im not saying its not better but its far better to buy a top of the range graphics card and then upgrade again in a couple more years when its outdated to the newer top of the range card and spend exactly same price.

yes sata requires floppy to install windows

Im currently looking at the Thermaltake PurePower 680W ATX2.0 Power Supply for £82 VAT included. Is this any good. The tihng that im confused about is that it has 2 8cm fans, arent these supposed to be the lowedest, however it says it is almost silent, and there is another one, same make, which has 1 12cm fan and is 600W and it says it gives off the impression that this one is lower. Which is better? Any other recommendations?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom