Removing the floppy drive

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bullit

Baseband Member
hi

Can someone tell me how to remove the floppy drive fully?

I have taken out the hardware. Removed the driver - but it keeps detecting it again when I reboot.

Where else can I hit it to nail it dead? ;-)

Umm... I have no clue what youre talking about with those cables. But to disconnect a floppy all you need to do is remove the FDD cable (~2 inch wide cable in back) and the power connection (a 4 pin connector).

Here is a picture of the back of a floppy. The FDD cable is the long connection in the lower right and the power is the 4 pins above it. Floppy drives may differ in WHERE these connections are on the back, but they are the same nonetheless.

"I have taken out the hardware". The floppy drive is gone.

I just want the system to know it's gone.
When I remove the floppy driver it doesn't stay gone - it keeps detecting the floppy drive (which is no longer physically there) and reinstalls the driver.

How do I tell XP that the floppy drive is completely gone?

Ah I see.

Start > Control Panel > System > Hardware tab > Device manager button >expand Floppy disk drives > right click the drive and select "disable".

Still problems

The floppy is still being re-detected when I remove these settings. Is there anyone out there who has successfully removed a floppy drive from win xp?

where is the last reference to the drive that I have to remove? so that it stays gone...

cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom