first time boot up

Status
Not open for further replies.

chevytrucknut

In Runtime
okay, can't figure it out, got alex to help me, but still nothin.

Cleared CMOS, doublechecked everything, unplugged all unnecessary components, still nothing.

What i get is, I turn it on, and all the fans and stuff are on, but nothing on the monitor. (specs in signature) I don't get a beep code because apparently I don't have a speaker in there ??:eek: Any help? I can answer questions, thanks...

Did you just build this? Make sure everything is seated properly and connected.

PS. Your sig is really hard to read. Could you make it a wee bit bigger.

if everything is seated properly...something definitely shorted out. probably the mb, i had a similar problem when i was first building a computer. can you tell if anything is operating besides the fans? ie harddrive? if you have spare parts, start by switching out components to see if it will boot. pretty sure it's the MB tho.
FYI you may have done nothing wrong, just got a bad MB. it happens, some come DOA.

i have almost the same problem. Everything including fans/HD/cd-drive is on. but nothing shows on monotor. my mobo DOES NOT have build in graphics so i have to use an evga geforce 6200. Could this be my problem? if so, how do i get it to show up on my monitor. Basically my monotor is not reading what the computer is giving out, becuase maybe the mobo doesn't recognize the graphics card? any help is appreciated thank you.

Yea, definatly dont work on carpet if you have the chance. Wood floors are the best, and dont wear socks. Or if you have a static wrist band thingy magig wear taht and attach it to your case...

1. Get a speaker( Not speakers but a speaker for your computer... you know what i mean...)
2. If there are NO beeps then you have a faulty motherboard This is know as posting (Power On Self Test). Or your motherboard could be not connected correctly.
3. (I'm not insulting you, but have you plugged the motherboard in? via 20/24 pin adapter? because those go bad frequently.
4. Does your processor fan turn on? if it does then your motherboard will most likely not be bad. If it doesnt then it mostlikely means it is bad but its not 100%

Yes.

nice explanation... better stay away from that carpet in my room... built my whole system on a shag rug in sweats... lol

at least i had a grounder i guess

EDIT: nice, this is my 100th post :D

sorry for the late update:

1) Got a speaker, lol it was an onboard one, didn't even know it...
2) Still no beeps, still nothing on the monitor
*I tested the monitor on a different comp,and it worked**
3) Yep, everythings plugged in
4) PSU comes on and all the fans in the comp are spinning, everything powered by the pSU is running

I may take it up to Fry's and see if they could test it...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom