I am at my limit here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
oh ok I didnt think of that at all. yeah I actually have a boot98 disk around here somewhere I had to use it for this one before. hey thanks again will let ya know how it goes then.

hmmm well the 98boot didnt work either bummer. guess the drive is totally gone or I have an underlying problem, but its all leading to make me believe I have the hard drive that has totally went south on me. I will try it again tomorrow though just to flustered atm to try again.. Thanks for all ya help.

hey that last fix worked I was doing it wrong and missing a step. My laptop is now loading windows xp finally no blue screens or anything as of yet touch wood. the fix has seemed to do the trick, so all I can say its thanks heaps I really appreciate all the help from all you guys..

yeah it worked all drivers installed and now only replacing the wow patch which isnt any blue screens popping up. Ya all think it was my partition on the hd went bad or what? I will still feel better though once i get the new hd just in case so i will have a fall back if this is only a temp fix and indeed it is going bad, but touch wood seems to be going great. I have to say again thanks for each and everyones input, its really appreciated.

well I spoke to soon, and it worked for maybe and hour then it simply started that same rountine with errors. I tried to do the fdisk again and format it and it gets to 20% of the format and says something to the effect that this drive may be damaged and to make sure its plugged in etc etc. Heck if I know reckon its shot and I can tilt the laptop side to side and the hard drive as its working makes different pitched noises/ I took the drive out and all ya hear is the fan running, so I am now just gonna wait for the other hd being sent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom