cannot get any monitor to work on Comp

Status
Not open for further replies.
how can i check to see if the monitor is VGA or DVI? plus i just tried the adapter, didn't work.

ya well the graphics card already has a VGA part, and then theires a connector to change the DVI into ANOTHER vga, i think for duel monitors or something. Anway i really need help because i cannot figure out what the problem is. BTW, thanks for sticking with me on this prob, i know its probably frustrating since i'm kinda a noob, but thx.

no prob, i have done all i can so just wait till tomorrow when there is more help.

how about the ram. is the stick of ram in the slot that is closest to the processor. that could be the problem. try a diffenent stick of ram.

Hey could be it, i put it on the one farthest away i think. Thanks for the info i'll go try it out now.

Nope It wasn't that, i also tried to plug in my t.v. to the graphics card...nothing. Dang what could it be? any more problem solving techniques?

Do you have the motherboard book.If so see where the jumper to reset the BIOS is.And follow the instructions to reset the bios and see if that helps you out.Im thinking your bios dosnt have the AGP option enabled.

i think you might be right, i'll try it out, and thanks for helping me out, i really appreciate it. If the agp option is not enabled, how do i enable it without seeing what i'm doing? lol.

Well u can't change it without seeing it which is like sayign tryign to drive a car with no eyes:p silly i know but hehe can't do it,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom