current trends...

Status
Not open for further replies.
lol, good point... but "at current trend" is the theme here....

an interesting quote, i dont have a link to a page or know the name of the creator of it, but a man in '56 (or maybe '46...) said
who knows! maybe one day computers will be less than 3000 pounds!

and look at us today.... we think its weird if our monitor weighs over 15 lbs!!

but i like the idea Benny... so just to clarify, you mean make a chart that would show in x months of release, a video card will be worth y dollars, correct?
btw, if it is not edited by tomorrow, know that i am going down south for mid-winter break for a week... keep the thread alive!! lol

Yes, But compare a computer 50 years ago to now. And with the way technology increases faster and faster every year a computer in 50 years should be like say 1 million times better then a computer now is compared to a computer 50 years ago.

good point needacpu.

and if anyone wants to help make the graph and through out some numbers, that'd be pretty cool. I have a few projects due tomorrow that i need to start and i want to get this done before i leave... not to mention be more accurate in my calculations

any help is welcomed :p

In 50 years computers will have to be so different. Because right now you can do about anything super fast on a computer. Like browsing the internet and dowloading songs and everything. But its mainly these new games and other programs that require so much. So as games increase so much the graphics will become virtually like real life. And all the physics and everything will be so perfect it will be just like wow. And this will probaly happen in 10 years or less. So 50 years from now who knows what they will do. I mean computers will be changed so much not one thing will be anything like it is today. It will be beyond sitting at your chair with a mouse and a keyboard looking at a screen. It would be impossible to predict what will happen because we haven't invented this technology yet lol.

again, im just saying "if the current trends continue" not "will the current trends continue". i completelly agree with you as well. Just think back to, again, the 80's or so. i believe it was the mac 64k that had 64kb of memory. That was an amazing machine. If you took someone who lived in a cave and replaced their old mac 64k with a modern pc, they would be amazed to see color, 3d animation, quick loading speeds, a cd-rom, and any modern day graphics, they would probably think it is a totally different technology, which it is.

what i am trying to say is that even though it seems like we can do anything with our computers we have now, wait a few years and there will be some new thing that will take 4 gigs of RAM to function properly. I still agree with what you say, about how it will be totally different because technology will always slowly but surely improve, its just that if you compare todays technology to 2056's, it will be increadibly different and seem mind-numbing, much like the 80's to today.

lol, wouldnt that be nice...

there should be a way you could spend like 5,000 dollars or so and get as many upgrades as you want with a company for life lol

Why its Richie Franka and his "Everlasting Graphics Processor"!
LMAO
But ya, tommy. Something that would REVEAL the trend in the market as far as new technology goes. I mean, there has to be some kind of recurrent function that would pretty much be applied to all technology as a prediction of price taking into account its starting price and current age and could be solved for X months old, Y1 Retail, Y2 actual, etc.

As far as computers of the future go...however said that about gaming is absolutely right. I mean look at FPS in games. The human eye can't see more that 80 at the MOST? so computer games will advance beyond our judgment and reach a critical point. Humans won't be able to tell the difference between more advance tech.

And hes also right in saying that there little need beyond gaming. Things have already seemed to level out. I mean .3 sec for 12 million search results? sounds like they can check that one off the list....I think its a race of hardware to make it simpler, smaller, light.
10-15GHz would probably be a threshhold of necessity. I bet They will develop a conciousness if we let them. My history teacher once pointed to his computer and said "someday that blasted machine will walk on two feet and say "I think, there for I AM!"

To be perfectly honest with you...

I don't think the human race will be given an oppurtunity to advance that far. I beleive we are ripe for a cleaning...I love computers to death, but technology can be idolized and worshipped...
The G-Man doesn't like that one too much...
He doesn't like when his creations replace Him with a piece of metal. We'll end up with enough rope to hang ourselves I do believe...Good gosh, WTF would a BOMB be like in 2050?

*Right Click - DELETE _.......ASIA*
*Empty Recycle Bin*

LOL, i love the bomb thing... but as soon as i finish my german "family tree" project and my "of mice and men" project, i'll totally start crackin at that graph... its friday tomorrow, which means i can stay up later tonight knowing i have break for the next week!

again, if u want to post some simple numbers, whether its how much the 6800gt costs when it came out, or how much the wd360 cost when it came out (2003?). i would appreciate any help

thanks in advance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom