using zalman fs-v7 - get 70 deg. under load :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

espeed

In Runtime
Hiya,

Just wondering who else here is using the zalman fs-v7. I was playing the timeshift demo last night and was getting up to 70 degrees under full load (I use rivatuner). Im oc'ed to 480/1300 on my MSI GTX. My idle is currently sitting at 42-43. The ambient temperature is not cool as we are in summer season. Im wondering if i should re-check my as5 application, I always just dump a small pee sized amount in the middle of the heatsink and let the heat spread it out.............

well i know im not at risk but im used to load temps being about 10 degrees cooler. My prior setup which used a 6800gt with zalman vf700cu like you have never exceeded 60 degrees under full load. I guess i must assume that the 7800gtx run alot hotter. Also I must take into account the weather which is quite warm at the moment........

Also take into consideration the airflow around the graphics card. the 7 series is much longer than the 6 series. Do you have any case fans that are arount the card?

I have 2 x 120mm fans blowing straight into the side of the case so there is definate airflow in the case, i have 1 exhaust out the back, and another intake at the front. I have the zalman cnps9500 on my amd which lets off a lot of heat and that sits right in behind the graphics card, so i guessing its recieveng soem heat form there to........

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom