Ahh Air Cooling (theres too many)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thats a really nice case. It should work fine. The fan setup on the P180 should move tons of air. That case is going to be the one I use for my next build.

In my eperience the Big Typhoon beats every other cooler, the Zalman CNPS 7700alcu loses to it by 6*C, the Thermaltake Silent Tower loses by 7*C. The Big Typhoon is a monster, if you put an after market 120mm fan and some as5... That BT will pwn anything.

LOL go buy one. ;) There not that expensive. About £80 ($100). They are really really good. They take a long time to put everything together but its worth the time and effort. Took me a good 3hours. But the silence is great not that I was looking for the silence. I got it cause of that seperate chamber. Thats a good idea. Now they should do a chamber for the GPU and PCI cards. :D . I'll post back when I'm gonna OC to tell you the speeds. :p

kahlos said:
LOL go buy one. ;) There not that expensive. About £80 ($100).

Yeah but I am a broke college student.:( But hopefully this summer I can spare the extra money to get one. My Aspire isn't doing to bad, when I am surfing the net like right now, my CPU temp is 40*C according to Asus PC Probe II. When I start gaming it jumps to the high 50's. So I doubt I could OC my CPU. {NOT TRYING TO HIJACK THIS THREAD} but what would be a safe temp for my CPU and should I even try OC'ing it??? Thanks.

Depends on the CPU and i don't mind you hijacking this thread. Consider it yours lol:p . 50-40 looks ok but you would want lower really. It's still worth OC'ing. Tell us the specs of your comp then i'll tell ya if you can or can't ;)

what do you need to know besides whats in my sig, if you couldn't tell, i am a complete :confused: NEWBIE :confused:. I would greatly appreciate some help in this area. Thanks. :beard:

Duhh :eek: . I'm a bit dumb.:eek: . I don't have much experience with pentiums but as far as i know they can operate up to tempretures of 75 degrees celcius :cool: . I would give it a go. Even if you do go too high pentium 4's have a automatic downclocking thing so that if the tempreture gets too high it downclocks the CPU until it's cooled down. So then all u have to do is lower it again. I've never had a pentium processor my self but i have overclocked one. I would just search on google for a pentium 4 overclocking guide. Also have you considered getting 1GB of RAM. Cause that amount of RAM for your system looks too low. I've got that kinda RAM in my 4 year old computer :p . Either get another stick of 512mb of RAM and run them in dual channel mode or get a 1GB stick. 2 x 512 in dual channel mode would be faster. Or you could even get 2GB consisting of 2x 1GB. When overclocking you can
1. Raise the FSB which makes all the things in the computer run at that speed

So your memory does as well so make sure you have at least DDR 400 RAM. You can set memory divders which make the RAM run slower the CPU and it's better to set memory divders than get really expensive overclocking RAM which runs at 300mhz or what ever.

Also you said earlier what case was that that wiggy had. Get Antec's P180 case. The best air cooled case avalible at the moment. It's also the quietest one for the air flow. So if your gettin a case deffinatly get the P180. I have one and have never regretted it.

Yeah I plan on purchasing another stick of 512 soon, and then some more this summer. Well I guess ill hit up google, and look into the archives. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom