Video card problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

mattmatt77

Solid State Member
I have an ASUS P5ND2 SLI deluxe mobo with an Nvidea Geforce 6600 LE PCI-E 256mb video card. When I start my computer I get a yellow exclamation mark next to my video card. It states a "Code 10" error. The only time I can get the card to work is when I uninstall and reinstall the drivers and get prompted to restart my computer I select "NO". It will work until I restart my computer. I am running XP home edition. I was using SP2 and uninstalled it and now Im back to SP1.
Please help me!!!

Why did you uninstall SP2? Was it causing problems? if not try re-installing it and post your results.

Uninstalling SP2 had worked for someone else so I tried it. It wasnt working when I had SP2 either.

Have you tried going to the website that made the graphics card and download all the drivers for it ? Try that if you havn't. Also do you have an on board graphics card, that you have not uninstalled ?

I have the most updated drivers that I downloaded from the Nvidea site and my mobo does not have onboard video.

Just a thought have you pluged in the power cable into you're card, not sure what windows say when it starts up but it does give you some message, I forgotten mine before :D

Make sure you do a proper install of the driver. If you restart and the card is still not installed, windows will install the best recomended driver, and let me tell you half the time windows XP installs the wrong driver for the hardware. Just may want to use this as a pointer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom