Why is Intel so popular

Status
Not open for further replies.
SomeIranianKid said:
But about all those stock market things everyones talking about Intel is at the top and has ALOT of room to drop while amd being on the bottom can pretty much only go up espacially if they start putting them in dells and people know about them more

WTF! u talking about listen to your logic. you rather u have your money in a company that is in the bottom and any losses will kill then off, then a company that can loose alot and still have enough money to buy the other company.

apokalipse said:
kinda what I was thinking. I mean, the conroe may be all that Intel claims it to be. but then again, it may not.
it hasn't even been released, and people are already jumping to conclusions.

Intel said that the Prescott was supposed to reach 5GHZ, but it never reached 4GHZ (talking stock)
now I'm not saying conroe will be bad, but we should at least wait until it is actually released, and also see what AMD has by then, until we judge any of it

But this time Intel has confirmed the clockspeeds and the architecture. It IS a Pentium-M branchoff, and that makes it PentiumM-like performance. A 2.4Ghz Dual Core for $315...cheaper than the cheapest Dual Core, but with performance bordering between the X2 4800+ and the FX-60.

Lets not even mention the 3.33GHz XE. Oops, I just mentioned it, didn't I? :p

You guys can wait to talk about it, if you want. But I'm going to talk about it as soon as I have info on it (which is now).

"Bewdey-shoikin..."

efd753 said:
WTF! u talking about listen to your logic. you rather u have your money in a company that is in the bottom and any losses will kill then off, then a company that can loose alot and still have enough money to buy the other company.
Sometimes it is good to invest in a slightly down market. Say you invest a sizeable ammount (e.g. $40,000) you (in some small way) are helping the business grow, And when they get big, you'll be even richer. (Like ME!!) :D

But if you invest that much money in a company (such as intel) while they are still big, all you are practically doing is giving them a handout. If Intel is already on top of the world, the only place a company can go is down, and then back up to where it was. Which means; you won't be making as much money with a big business as you could with a growing one. So "SomeIranianKid" was right. :cool:

Suit: Intel Sabotaged Compiler for AMD
Advanced Micro Devices is alleging that Intel sabotaged the performance of its CPUs by crafting a routine for its compiler to build programs along un-optimized -- and perhaps even dangerous -- code paths for AMD processors, all while optimizing performance for its own "Genuine Intel" chips.
"If the program detects a “Genuine Intel” microprocessor, it executes a fully optimized code path and operates with the maximum efficiency. However, if the program detects an “Authentic AMD” microprocessor, it executes a different code path that will degrade the program’s performance or cause it to crash."

AMD sues Intel, the monopolist
AMD said Intel engages in worldwide coercion of customers to stop them dealing with AMD.
AMD says Intel has paid Dell and Toshiba huge sums not to do business with AMD. It says Sony was paid "millions for exclusivity" and as a result AMDÂ’s share of SonyÂ’s business went from 23 percent in 2002 to 8% in 2003, down to 0% today.

It claimed Intel paid NEC several million dollars for caps on NEC's purchases from AMD. And it further complains that, when AMD succeeded in getting on the HP retail roadmap for mobile computers, "Intel responded by withholding HPÂ’s fourth quarter 2004 rebate check and refusing to waive HPÂ’s failure to achieve its targeted rebate goal".

It said that in 2000, then Compaq CEO Michael Capellas said that because of the volume of business given to AMD

Intel know they are going down in the market so they resort to dirty tactics.

"Iii Got Da' Pooowah!!..."

The reason they are going down is because of us. :eek: Whenever somone makes a thread like this, It emmediatley pops up somewhere in Google, and at least 10,000 people view this forum per- week! :wooha:

That, and Emachines is making their PCs exclusive to AMD CPUs! ;) :cool:

Lol love it. Keep posting people keep posting. Put i sticky on this one. Make Intel DIE! :D LOL. Just bought a good opteron 165 so that should help us destroy intel. Cost a good £230

ATI thnx for the backup back there and yeah thats just wrong because intel is doing all it can to keep amd out from the view of the average joe because if that happened o man that would be big

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom