Why is Intel so popular

Status
Not open for further replies.
Intel simply has been a sell out to prebuilders. They built crap chips for the avg joe and there are sooo many more of those than there are us gamers and stuff. they built rep on quanity over quality. AMD being fairly new as opposed to intel is working hard to make quality cpus to get noticed. they make sweet cpus but the just dont have the PR.
"Intel Inside" my grandmother knows what that means....
IDK what AMD even STANDS FOR but I i know its all I'll ever buy for life. When you've got big competition, you work 2x as hard to stay in the game. The numbers speak for themselves

I agree after getting a 3200 amd in my first computer that i built by myself im sticking with it. It has out performed any of the intel chips if seen in my friends computers they bought from hp and dell and also i agree with benny everyone knows about intel so they go with them so amd has to bust their a** to get noticed by the community that knows what they are doing and does their research

BennyV04988 said:
IDK what AMD even STANDS FOR but I i know its all I'll ever buy for life. When you've got big competition, you work 2x as hard to stay in the game. The numbers speak for themselves
LOL

hey are trying to move to apple b/c.......
word on the street is that this was a bad choice and Dell is now mighty p****d at Intel. i think that conroe is a moot pointits like comparing someones competitions scores in round 2 before the competitor has had their run. **** the leaders score might be say 30 to the oppositions 25 but the opposition is about to have their turn. AMD is not going to be stagnant while intel releases new products so saying that conroe is going to own athlon 64's is pointless. granted i haven't seen much in AMD's pipeline for the future but they will not lie down and take defeat. besides in my opinion the E dies only need a slight revision to be able to compete with Intel's next generation. probably dropping the process to 65nm would be enough to increase the clock speed without even improving its technology far enough to hold their own.

gaara said:
ugh, I should have never even mentioned the concept of the conroe...now there are going to be baseless assumptions that it's the greatest thing since sliced bread
kinda what I was thinking. I mean, the conroe may be all that Intel claims it to be. but then again, it may not.
it hasn't even been released, and people are already jumping to conclusions.

Intel said that the Prescott was supposed to reach 5GHZ, but it never reached 4GHZ (talking stock)
now I'm not saying conroe will be bad, but we should at least wait until it is actually released, and also see what AMD has by then, until we judge any of it

I agree with apokalipse about waiting to judge later. For as right know: intel beats amd in advertiseing, intel=wins. Amd beats intel in quality Amd=wins....see its easy they both are winners in there own way;)

apokalipse said:
kinda what I was thinking. I mean, the conroe may be all that Intel claims it to be. but then again, it may not.
it hasn't even been released, and people are already jumping to conclusions.

Intel said that the Prescott was supposed to reach 5GHZ, but it never reached 4GHZ (talking stock)
now I'm not saying conroe will be bad, but we should at least wait until it is actually released, and also see what AMD has by then, until we judge any of it
Weren't they claiming something like 10 GHz when the P4 first came out? :rolleyes:

Basically, if Intel continues to branch off of the current Dothan tech, they are going to have a kick *** processor. A Dothan at 2.5 GHz is outperforming FX-55s right now. I don't know what makes it perform so well, but it does.
http://www.tomshardware.com/2005/05/25/dothan_over_netburst/

Currently, I am a big fan of AMD because they make a better performing processor over the P4 for less money. If Intel comes out with a better processor later on, so be it. I am not brand loyal, I am just here for budget performance. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom