Ummm....ok?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You could still OC using that program that OCs through windows couldn't you? I am blanking on the program name at the moment sorry. Someone will know what im talkin about

u should read more about OC and how it works before u ask random questions. like the last post u made, u have no idea about OC. pls do some research and come back. cuz eventually u have to OC by urself. so at least u have to know the basic of it.

oops lol I was looking at it wrong. I thought my CPU clock speed was 200 MHz, and my Graphics Card was running at 475 MHz.
Some of the info on my everest program said my processor speed was at 200 MHz while another part of it said it was 2190 MHz ( which is what it really is ) Your right it was a meaningless post cause I got confused at all the information that the everest program was letting me know lol. It's alright everthing is running as it should be. I think. I still hope to find a way to change my CPU speed. Cause it does say 2.4 GHz right on the tower, but its only running at 2.19. Were they just exagerating the CPU speed to make me buy the computer?? or is something not as it should be ?

yep running at 197MHz x 11 or something but I can change this right ?
I remember looking at something with my everest program or the CPU-z 132 program ( one of them ) that allowed me to adjust these numbers. Is that all i'd have to do to change my CPU speed ?

you can change the FSB, depending on the motherboard, but not the multiplier.
though raising the FSB also raises the RAM speed, so if your RAM cannot handle it, you won't be able to run that high even if your CPU can handle it

u just have to try and see. noone in the world can tell u how much it would go.
and dont assume that u can OC ur comp and make it optimized in a day. it takes a couple of months or more to make it work perfectly. cuz OC is all about trial and error. and of course lots of researching.

Sounds like I should practice with an older computer that never gets used before I start messing with the computer that I use on a regular basis.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom