cannot get any monitor to work on Comp

Status
Not open for further replies.

adamrund

Solid State Member
Hello first of all here are my specs that i know of becauase i'm building a custom comp.
3.02 GHZ Intel Celeron D LGA775 Processor
AsRock LGA775 Intel compatible Motherboard
160GB Western Digital 7200RPM hard drive
Evga Geforce 6200 8x/4x AGP video card
1gb pc3200 DDR400 (1 stick) RAM
Sony DVD/CD-RW drive
500W Power supply that came with ATX case(yes with flashy lights :) )

Ok my problem is this. I can get the computer to run, i hear everything starting up and running, and the fans are going, the hard-drive is ticking...but i cannot see it on my monitor. I made sure its hooked up properly and i've used 3 different monitors so far. I really think it has to do with my graphics card. I know everything is running it just doesn't show up(i just said that...) Anyway i do not have anything installed at all, not even windows or anything. The mobo DOES NOT have built-in video, so i am using the evga geforce 6200 AGP. The monitor has power and is connected properly so any info would be greatly appreciated.

I'm sure this is the most noob Question out their but i couldn't find one likeit on the forum and this problem is kind of getting to me.

Again any info at all is greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
Adam Rund

well, you have a few options. are you sure the card is seated properly in the slot?. if that card has s-video out, plug it in to your tv and see what happens, if nothing then RMA the card as it might be dead.

No the card is not dead, i just took it out of my other computer and used it in this new one. Then i put it back in the computer which is the one i'm using now and if it didn't work i wouldn't be talking to you so yeah lol. S-video out is that the circle looking one? i might try that. But could i be that the mobo won't recognize the graphics card maybe because its new or i need to install it? thx for the quick reply btw, i really appreciate it.

sure... well, if it doesn't even post at bios then there is a major problem. bios is before any drivers are loaded so it should at least post. is the anyway you can use a different card on that motherboard to check the bios configuration for the agp slot?

not withing the next couple of days i do not think. Plus i don't have the money for a new card. And **** i don't see how you guys can spend up to like 2000 bucks on a comp. All of the stuff listed above was only 300 bucks for me. Everything brand new besides the Graphics card.

Besides that fill me in on this bios configuration for the agp slot? don't know anything about starting a comp for the first time.

Again thanks for the quick replys and info, any more would be greatly appreciated.

i'm not really familliar with that bios. but that board's agp slot runs at 1.5 volts. what is tha card rated for? i would really have to see it to help anymore. my best advice is to buy a dirt cheap video card and try it, if it still yields the same results return it and well.....im sure someone here is more familliar with that board and could help better. just be patient.

well i don't know how many volts it is or whatever, i'm looking at the video cards specs and all i can find that is close is the following:
AGP 2.0 or higher comliant motherboard.(its a requirement) so i guess i'll have to find out if that mobo is 2.0 or whatever.

O, it also came with a DVI-I to VGA adapter. Should i use that? i don't know the difference.

thanks alot for everything!

yeah the board is def 2.0+ it's 4x/8x compliant. if your monitor is vga and the video card is DVI only, you need to use that adapter, even if it isn't still try that adapter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom