Alienware Questions:

Status
Not open for further replies.
hey yoyo kid, thanks :).

Well i just called alienware, it was actually really good customer support, i was happy with it. I talked to a guy and asked him about the cooling system and such.. he looked up my account and told me i did not buy the liquid cooling system (So there is one.. look on the site there are little pictures and stuff.) I was like.. dang, but at the same time i was happy because now i know i dont have it and possibly in the future upgrade it.

The guy said as of now they cant offer upgrading, but to call back in 2-3 weeks to see if i can get a liquid cooling system installed.

NOW i want to know, do any of you guys use computers that are liquid cooled? Anyone with ALIENWARE liquid cooling system? If so on either, coudl you guys tell me how it is. My computer is pretty noisy right now, and id love for it to be silent for when i go to college and study late nights and stuff. Are the liquid systems very silent? Do they cool just as well as fans?

Oh and yoyo kid.. I have powerstrip on my toolbar, but i have no idea what video optimers is and it didnt show up in any search results of my comp. I can see an overclock option on the powerstrip toolbar.. but i seriously have no idea what to do.

Anybody wanna point me in a direction of how and what overclocking exactly is?

And lastly, (I know so many questions), to yoyo kid or any other alienware owners, what are all those chords and programs for that came with the comp? Are any of them helpfull at all in making my computer even better?

for ocing go to the ocing part of this forum ocing vid cards is fairly simple ....... yes .. thanks for calling alienware because i wanna maybe get a new mobo ....... liuqid cooling cools just as good and or better i dont know what parts they us so i dont know but i bet if you called back :d and asked they would be happy to tell you .... i dont kow what cords your talking about mine came with the norm and an extra Psu cord .....if you could take pics of them and post um i would be able to help more ....... but the programs .. one is the driver set .. make sure you upgrade your drivers the ones they sent me were already 1 series outdated and you got the recovery dvd which makes it so if your pc crashes or jams or virus it will go back to factory clean state .. very good if you fill up your comp with junk and clean it every year .. it makes it alot simpler

eh dont have a digital camera with me, but actually they arent really chords. Its just a bunch of stuff in packages that look like it woudl go in a computer :p. They arent chords at all. I guess its not that important.

I did install most of the stuff i got off the disks, whatever it was. But can you tell me about drivers? I sorta know what drivers are, just that you want the latest drivers. But what drivers are there to get? Video card drivers i know.. but what else? Could you link me or tell me where i coudl find the drivers for download on the internet, cuz mine might be out of date. Are drivers really all that important?

Thanks ill go check out the overclocking forums. And may I ask when did you get your computer?

i got mine about 3 months ago ..... if you have ati then go to ati.com for nvidia go to nvidia.com get the vid drivers there.... that about it you should chekc if they have an update for your mobos bios ..... thats not that important and check microsodt for any updates to XP ..... the vid drivers are semi important .. if you also get more knowledgable in computers than oyu could even go with softmods drivers and aftermarket drivers

sell224. pls do some research and reading about basic computer. cuz right now if we even answer those questions u would not understand em. so go read past topics on this forums or some other good computer related furums. (dfi-street, tomshardware, hardforums, etc..) get some basic knowledge first. and id suggest u to open up ur comp and know what the components u have and how they r connected and stuff. its important if u want to know about computers. i had no idea at all like u even 3 months ago. ive only touched windows 98 twice in my life prior to that. but ive read a lot of furums articles and ive built a comp and OC'in it. so good luck!

septoid2 said:
dont bother with liquid cooling unless you want to overclock.

Why not bother with liquid cooling? The reason i wanted to get it in the first place is because its SILENT.

and.. if i ever figure out how i will overclock.

hrmmmm well based on my friends alienware with watercooling... it is not in anyway silent.... it is very loud... sounds like a hair dryer......

does it really??.. man i was under the impression that they are silent.

Are you sure ur friend's alienware has water cooling cuz i thought mine did for a long time lol.

umm ... i would see what alienwares prices are and if they are more than an AM kit than go for AM ... AM = after market

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom