Vintage PC's?! Will this actually catch on?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BennyV04988

Fully Optimized
1980 Vintage PC

That computer honestly makes me want to cry. No joke. Its just so depressing and feeble, and BORING.

But oddly enough, note the price....That is actually appreciation...Are we honestly this strange? First paintings, then china, now technology? the new antique? :confused: I'll be wow'd and amazed if someone will someday buy this thing (world first computer) and pay thousands of dollars for it. :amazed:

I believe that the 8080 was Intel and that they where just messing w/ 640k w/ that processor so 1meg was impossible? Yea, 100 i think not :rolleyes:
EDIT: The idiot proved his ignorance w/ saying that the memory WAS 640k whiel scroling down LOL.

What do you mean will it catch on? Of course not, that would be stupid. People are stupid...I mean really stupid....but they aren't that stupid. And that price is just what whoever is selling that piece of junk set the starting bid at...doesn't mean it's worth that much or that it will ever sell for that much.

Most people wouldn't go for that, but there are some people who collect vintage PCs, and one day they will be more valuable than they are now if kept in good condition, kinda like an antique car.

Only good for nostalgic purposes. I mean, i still have my first computer, a 90mhz P1 sitting in my basement.

hahahah, i dont think i would ever BUY vintage pc's but latelly i decided once i finally have cash i'll start collecting all the windows o/s as well as the freeBSD, Linux, older mac o/s etc. i imagine i would put them on my old 33 MHz intel system that my parents got me when i was 4 or 5 :p... probly didnt even know how to turn it on

Man you guys had it good, Pentiums as your first computers! I still had the 8088 when Pentiums came around lol. Also had a 386.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom