Boot Disc/Install Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

thecrowing86

Solid State Member
Hey, I just got a really old computer with no OS or anything on it. When I start it up it checks the CDROM, Floppy, and IDE-0 drives for a boot disc record. It says "OK" for IDE-0, but also says that it's missing the OS. I usually just use a floppy disc with MS-DOS on it along with other old games to play, but I just found an old Windows 95 CD.

Now, to the point:

How can I install Windows 95? Is there a MS-DOS code I can type to run the CD drive? I've tried a boot disc but nothing really happened, but one time I got something about Windows ME which I do not own, so I figured that's what used to be on it.

Please help!

to install windows 95, put the CD into the CD-ROM drive. Go into the setup BEFORE windows boots up, and select to boot up from CD-ROM. Format your Hard drive, and follow the on-screen directions.

Yeah but it doesn't even read the CD. It just says boot record not found, then skips to my floppy drive where I usually have DOS in. Do I need a Win95 boot disc?

Ok, I booted and it said "Starting Windows 95" and then it went through some coding and stuff, but now it's back at MS-DOS coding. Should I be typing a code to make Windows actually start working?

Uhh, for some reason D is invalid, but for some reason I can get to R:\. There I typed "setup" but it says it can't install a temporary directory.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom