I have some questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

phantom555

In Runtime
Hello,
My LT Compaq Armada 1500c has a CD-ROM of Matshita Ujda Company. No problem with thisÂ…but sometimes IÂ’ve seen that my cd-rom tries to configure out which CD it can handle well. It sounds absurdÂ…but it rejects Moser Baer cd and accepts Sony cd.
As I am still using Windows Me OS, I came to know about a funny thing. After a fresh installation of Windows Me OS on a HD, if one tries to open Internet explorer. Even though connected, the web page will never open! Coz then one has to click on My Network Places and then on Home Networking Wizard till one accomplish a network on its own single pcÂ…LOL. I donÂ’t know if such exists on other OS as well.
Now the main questions-
1) There is a program running on my LT. Perhaps its included in Windows ME OS. It’s designated as ‘unknown.’ Whenever I am doing some installation of system utility programs on my LT, and somehow if the system rejects to configure the installation. Then the ‘unknown’ program props up and stops the installation. Even a funny notice is displayed by my OS- ‘the actions are rejected because of administrator effects on this pc. You should have administrator rights.’ How can I get rid of this ‘unknown’ program? Or is it common in every OS?
2) Whenever I insert a cd containing programs that need zip applications for installation, the icons of zip software are shown differently. I already have WinZip 9.0 and WinZip Self-Extractor 2.2 installed on my LT. But the icons configured by these two above applications are different. Ever heard of Nico Mak Company, in its interface there is an option for using WinZip too. But when I click that, it says- ‘no WinZip utility found!’ Any solutions?

Truly yoursÂ’
The Phantom

phantom555 said:
Hello,
My LT Compaq Armada 1500c has a CD-ROM of Matshita Ujda Company. No problem with thisÂ…but sometimes IÂ’ve seen that my cd-rom tries to configure out which CD it can handle well. It sounds absurdÂ…but it rejects Moser Baer cd and accepts Sony cd.
As I am still using Windows Me OS, I came to know about a funny thing. After a fresh installation of Windows Me OS on a HD, if one tries to open Internet explorer. Even though connected, the web page will never open! Coz then one has to click on My Network Places and then on Home Networking Wizard till one accomplish a network on its own single pcÂ…LOL. I donÂ’t know if such exists on other OS as well.
Now the main questions-
1) There is a program running on my LT. Perhaps its included in Windows ME OS. It’s designated as ‘unknown.’ Whenever I am doing some installation of system utility programs on my LT, and somehow if the system rejects to configure the installation. Then the ‘unknown’ program props up and stops the installation. Even a funny notice is displayed by my OS- ‘the actions are rejected because of administrator effects on this pc. You should have administrator rights.’ How can I get rid of this ‘unknown’ program? Or is it common in every OS?
2) Whenever I insert a cd containing programs that need zip applications for installation, the icons of zip software are shown differently. I already have WinZip 9.0 and WinZip Self-Extractor 2.2 installed on my LT. But the icons configured by these two above applications are different. Ever heard of Nico Mak Company, in its interface there is an option for using WinZip too. But when I click that, it says- ‘no WinZip utility found!’ Any solutions?

Truly yoursÂ’
The Phantom

uninstall winzip and what happens

hmmm

I am in favour of windows ME. I posted this thread coz i thought it would bring forth notice to others who might have faced such problems and are willing to talk about......as such is the case that in the last one year....i've seen that apart from curing, the people sitting on this forums are making matter much worse with their stupid awkward suggestions. Even a pcworld mag makes sense and is easy to understand.

Uninstalling dosen't help.

-----------------
Phantom

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom