Is this Stable? OC'ing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well ya i know that but, it never used to stay on ALL the time, i only have about 13 processes running and cpu usage is at 0% some times and it stays on.

Hapx4.0 said:
Oh and a question, i have it set to 250 HTT and @ 10x multi. Should i put it at 300 and x8? to have more FSB ( HTT )

Would someone answer this question? I have the exact same issue of concern. Does it affect perf at all or is it purely for options and flexability?

the only reason to put a lower multi is to make your higher FSB HTT which NECESSAIRLY ISNT GOOD, its only good when you have some nice overclocking ram, TCCD for example :) then you can make it run at a full 1:1 ratio with your CPU running at the speed it can run at. say your CPU can only go up to 2.5Ghz and your at 250*10, but your ram can do DDR600 300mhz, so you can set it at 300*8 for 2.4 lol then uh overclock your ram some more lol

S&M is better for testing the max temp. of your CPU. Prime95 will give a better stability test, so run it at least 8 hours (just turn it on when you goto bed and check it in the morning).

What are you doing with your RAM? Are you overclocking that at all? Do you have a memory divider set? When you raise the FSB that raises your memory bus speed to. Keep an eye on that because RAM doesn't normally OC as far as processors do and will cause stability problems too.

It was mentioned earlier: Memtest86 or the S&M memory test is pretty good.

I have did nothing with RAM no, memory divider set? uh not sure. But my pc has not crashed since iv owned it, or been laggy, but my ram is PNY OPTIMA PC 3200 DDR400, so will it be ok with my having 240*10? on a AMD 3200+ Venice?

So...lowering you multiplier and rasing the HTT is so you can run your ram at the same HTT? So what about 2.52GHz (9x 280HTT) with DDR400 ram? Is that okay? If the multiplier only goes up to 9x persay. Does this only matter when you HTT is LESS 1/2 the DDR?

I'm so confused....

if yuo have crap OC'ing ram make the multi the highest you can go. Or just dont even tuoch the multi...

if your DDR400 ram can do it then its fine IT DOESNT MATTER!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom