permissions on windows 2000 problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

NIN

In Runtime
When I try to connect to a share on one of the workgroup computers I get network access not available, May not have permissions to access the resource. All shares have full control and full control at the file system level. It doesn't allow me to log on. What setting would reject me like this? I'm running out of ideas.

thanks,
Tom

I can ping it. The hostname is frontdesk so I run \\frontdesk. Then I get the login screen. I've been using administrator but I also set up another user named share. I still got the same error. Nobody can connect to this computer but it can see everybody. All of the computers can see this computer in the workgroup but can't go any further.

I think I has something to do group policy or something. You would think that it wouldn't affect the administrator account. I made the share user part of the administrators group.

Windows 2000 is rather notorious for this... Normally to correct this problem I would just re-join the machine to the Domain. You can also try refreshing the GPO on the machine... I don't remember the command off the top of my head though...

Try the re-join to domain.

Sorry I think I left out that it is a workgroup. Just a small installation with 4 computers and 3 printers. I'll look up the GPO command when I get home.

Thanks,
Tom

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom