POST Beeping

Status
Not open for further replies.

secret2

Solid State Member
Hello everyone.

I have just got a new motherboard, but after setting things up it refuses to show anything on the screen when power is on. The only thing that happened is the beeping (recurring long beeping, each lasting for 3 seconds or so).

I did not plug in any card (everything's on board) and I have tried replacing the RAM with one that I borrowed but same thing happens. What could have caused this?

Thank you for the link, but I've tried this site already. Seems unrelated to my situation.

1 Long beep pause then it repeats right?

If your answer is yes then its Memory or Video. You said you had onboard video, so I would try reseting your bios. See my sticky in the hardware forum. Please post results.

Clear the CMOS, by taking out the small coin like battery for minutes (While computer is off), after 3 minutes is up place CMOS battery back in. Unattach everything except CPU and RAM, then try booting.

POST is successful if you hear 1 short beep which it will then say Non boot device error or something similar to that. This means that you can shut the computer off an start addin items 1 at a time to it, Start up for each device and see if it boots, once you find which device it won't boot with you can trouble shoot the device or RMA it.

Thanks for all of the suggestions. I cleared CMOS for a few times by moving the jumper, but unfortunately nothing changes when I reboot.

I never use the jumper, remove the CMOS battery itself, did you do everything else exactly how it was written?

Did you use standoffs? Did you place screws in all of the motherboard screw Holes?

Remove motherboard from case,Place it on a hard, non metal surface. try booting with only CPU, RAM and Video card.

//I never use the jumper, remove the CMOS battery itself, did you do everything else exactly how it was written?//

Yep, I took off the battery, waited for 3 minutes and reboot with only CPU and RAM, and the beeping is still the same.

If it is under warranty, call Gigabyte tech support and tell them your issue. Let them know that you think its the motherboard and if there are any troubleshooting steps they can walk you through. If not, then at least you get a new motherboard out of the deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom