Holy Grail of n00bishness mistake - now PC won't start up!

Status
Not open for further replies.

teddyn

Baseband Member
I've just done something EXTREMELY idiotic.

I was taking things in and out of my PC for testing another computer (the PC that wont boot up which I talk about in my other thread) (my PC: ABIT KV7, Athlon XP 3000+, 9800pro, 1gb pc3200) and when I finished I put everything back in and did the ultimate 'n00b' mistake and instead of plugging the CPU and case fan into the PSU, I accidentally plugged the case fan into the CPU fan connector!!
Anyways, I turned it on (thinking it was pleasantly quiet) and all was fine for a little while then everything disappears off the monitor and I hear loud beeps coming from the computer. Obviously, I turn it off and sort out the connection.
Now, when I try to start up I just get fans and nothing to monitor. No beeps for post or bios.
Have I fried my CPU?
Why does it not switch off before it fries?
Does this mean that the problem with my other PC (on the 'new pc won't start up' thread) is that the CPU is busted?

OH MY GOD!!!
YOU ARE MY HERO!

You are a god among men, a lion among sheep, a can of insecticide among ants!

It works!

Alleluja!!! Can you hear those choirs of angels singing?

I would have been SO SO scre**ed financially if another PC turned out not to work.

I metaphorically kiss you!

teddyn said:
OH MY GOD!!!
YOU ARE MY HERO!

You are a god among men, a lion among sheep, a can of insecticide among ants!

It works!

Alleluja!!! Can you hear those choirs of angels singing?

I would have been SO SO scre**ed financially if another PC turned out not to work.

I metaphorically kiss you!

you dont spell Hallelujah like that :(

george handel is mad now :(

otherwise becareful next time, and gratz your pc is working again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom