add hdd??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, exact same thing happend to me. You can right click in windows and select format on the HD in question. That should work.

wait, what do you mean, could you explane what i should do, do mean let the ide load up the windows installion, then right click, should i still sort out the jumpers

Ok, so you have a sata drive and an ide drive. and when you turn your comp on does it give you a menu of which drive to boot from? You should load the sata drive and in windows right click on the drive and hit format.
As for the jumpers... I don't know what to do if your mixing sata and ide...
hope that helps

im confued...again, i canonly format the sata drive cos if i connect the ide it will load up the windows intallion, i dont want windows on that drive, and if i format the sata, wont that wipe it, the sata is fine i think, it has windows installed on it fine and am using it, but the ide dosnt and when i connect it it always boots up form that, even when i change it in the bios, so in my computer the only drive i got is the sata drive,?

download a DOS boot disk and put it onto a floppy, along with FDISK.EXE

DOS 6.22
FDISK.EXE
unplug your 10k drive, keep your 7.2k drive in, and boot from the floppy. once at the command prompt, type fdisk.exe
then delete the hard drive partition entirely.

once that's done, take out the floppy, turn the PC off, plug in the 10k drive again and start up

and once you're in Windows, go to start, run and type diskmgmt.msc
from there, format your empty 7.2k drive using NTFS

hoooah, thanks chaps all sorted.

but how do i make it that the my documents folder is on the 7k hdd, rather than the 10k default, i mean ya know when ya go to save it autmaycily opens the mu docs, well i want that on the 7.2k drive, is it as simple as copying it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom