audio pin assignments

Status
Not open for further replies.

ekÆsine

Fully Optimized
i had never used the front panel audio connections on the front of a computer case before. there are only six wires so i always assumed it was pretty easy to connect it, wrong!

i have 3 Biostar boards: a M7NCG 400 and two (yes 2) M7NCD Pro. all of those boards have 2 jumpers. i took off both jumpers so i could connect the audio wires.

the result was i got no speaker output AND the headphones on the front of the case still don't work. it says the audio is routed by the jumpers, does that mean no audio wires can be used?

please look at attached image for mobo pin layouts:

also the wires on the case make no damn sense at all. i have these:

mic left
mic right
mic ground

ear left
ear right
ear ground

it seems like i have extra ear ground wire, i have one ground pin on the mobo which i assume is for the mic ground. i am confused as hell. please help.

Attachments

• p2_2.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 40
Im confussed at what you said he he
Well if its routed by jumpers there should be something in your mobo manual about that. probably just have to set them to the right place and thats your problem. Front audio, wow thats new eh

at this point i am absolutely sure the jumpers used to route the audio connections to the onboard sound is preventing me from using the front panel audio connections.

i think if i strip the wires bare and just stick em into the jumpers i might be able to use them in front. than again i might disrupt circuit flow. stupid Biostar jumpers :mad:

no these are the audio wires that come from most standard ATX case you buy. it is connected to the front of the case along with the USB front connections and firewire.

if i take out the jumpers the back connection stop working which is not what i want. i was hoping to connect my headphones to the front when i want to use headphones. i had the front audio panel wired to one side of the left output & right output with no ear ground since i do not see where that goes.

i got nothing, nada, zilch. i was thinking maybe i should connect left and right from opposite ends, but that really would make no sense to me.

Why dont u try putting it to the back instead of the front and see if you can get it to work there. If you can than its something with those jumpers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom