Best Hard Drive Brand?

Status
Not open for further replies.
this thread is just asking for fanboys to vent their frustrations. in my opinion the best two manufacturers are seagte and western digital. my pick from the two is western digital as was pointed out earlier they are cheaper in australia. not only that but i believe they make higher quality drives, their drives are also faster.

oh **** i thought maxtor was better than WD lol
i mean i used about 6 different maxtor drives with no problem but i didnt know anthin performance wise
i just looked at charts from tom's hardware
turns out WD raptor(74gb) kiks ***:)
im gettin it

I found out that Maxtor had bought out Quantum. Quantum had always made really bad drives, and their failure rate was very high (I actually had a Quantum drive which died)
when Maxtor took over Quantum, Maxtor's drive quality went down.
I hope Seagate's quality won't go down after buying out Maxtor (yes, Seagate are buying out Maxtor)

oh **** i thought maxtor was better than WD lol
i mean i used about 6 different maxtor drives with no problem but i didnt know anthin performance wise
i just looked at charts from tom's hardware
turns out WD raptor(74gb) kiks **
if that is supposed to be sarcasm perhaps i should clarify. i meant that the mainstream WD hdd's are faster than their competitors comparable drives. i'm not talking about comparing say a raptor to a barracuda because that is just ridiculous

yeah WD drives are a bit faster than Seagate's generally (7200RPM drives)
Maxtor's are some of the fastest, but I think that is partly why they have a higher failure rate

apokalipse said:
yeah WD drives are a bit faster than Seagate's generally (7200RPM drives)
Maxtor's are some of the fastest, but I think that is partly why they have a higher failure rate

This has only been recently due to the 16 meg cache.

However this raised the price, and they still have a higher failure rate.

I think Maxtor's problem is that they are spending lots of money researching new technolagy, but it never fully comes thru. WD and Seagate than use this technolagy, and for Maxtor to keep it's spot it needs to make even cheaper drives.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom