My first build tips?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Iamdisturbed764 said:
whats a mobo

Mobo = Motherboard

If you're building it with a computer genius friend, he should know alot about it. Not much to say that some other people haven't said, IMO though, get a AMD CPU, get an Nvidia GPU. Concerning building, I might say some stuff people have already said, but ah well, take your time, remember to ground yourself, don't build on carpet, don't wear socks while building, don't force components check to see if you're putting them in right, and get a cool case with some flashy neons. Everyone loves flashy neons.

:p

just curious, what do you guys mean by grounding yourself? do you really get shocked when installing parts on the computer? just some questions from a guy who's about to build his first pc. :D

You dont' get shocked by installing a computer but static ele. is not good ofr you computer parts u could damage the parts. so you have to ground urself *usually touching ur metal case before you begin* or u can buy one of those thigns like posted above but simple save the $10 and touch the metal peice in ur case. but it can save u alot of time and money by doing it.

JeffK91 said:
just curious, what do you guys mean by grounding yourself? do you really get shocked when installing parts on the computer? just some questions from a guy who's about to build his first pc. :D
If you touch a chip and you get shocked, then this means that you damaged or fried your chip. Wear an anti-static wristband so it can save you time and money, I use it when I install hardware.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom