System shuts down when booting windows...

Status
Not open for further replies.

gosugenji

Baseband Member
ok... i have my windows with =noguiboot on ....... when windows is booting.. it boots for one sec then shuts off.. i mean when the gui is supposed to be showing it just shuts off.. ive tried other things like disable automatic reboot on system error and cr*p like that but it still shuts off two seconds into boot..what do i do?! all my data is on that drive its a 160 gb maxtor ide.. argh..

Did you check your PC for the viruses?
Could you boot to the safe mode?
To access your data:
you could plug your HDD to another PC as slave.

gosugenji said:
ok... i have my windows with =noguiboot on ....... when windows is booting.. it boots for one sec then shuts off.. i mean when the gui is supposed to be showing it just shuts off.. ive tried other things like disable automatic reboot on system error and cr*p like that but it still shuts off two seconds into boot..what do i do?! all my data is on that drive its a 160 gb maxtor ide.. argh..

what is =noguiboot?

no gui boots shears off seconds from you windows boot but doesnt display the windows bootup screen but boots up... also now i have tried to reinstall the OS using an XP cd but it crashes... im thinking its a problem with the ram and thats all... i soo hope so.. anyway heres the diagnostic... on booting windows.. it crashes in a second.. on installing it crashes before the first agreement screen... all i did was transport the system to my dads house... t.t

derrmc said:
video card

stop posting random sh1t.....:mad:

as for your problem gosugenji....when you say it "crashes" do you mean it will freeze or it will restart the computer ?? can you go into your bios and see your system temps ??

Avalanch3 said:
stop posting random sh1t.....:mad:

as for your problem gosugenji....when you say it "crashes" do you mean it will freeze or it will restart the computer ?? can you go into your bios and see your system temps ??

in my opinion, it's his video card

The video card itself works, compared to before which it wouldnt even post... it totally shuts off not even a freeze or reset.. yeah i can go into the bios... 1 sec.. BCB Board temp = 30 deg C, Vrm Power temp 37 [went up to 42 deg in 3 mins] deg C, CPU Chip temp at 87 deg C...

I have the case open for easy access atm... would it matter if i closed the thing? oh and btw something in my bios in pc health status it says system shutdown temp 75 deg C would that do anything? erm.. clogged PC fan? or would it be the fact that the fan is CPU fan is running at 2721 RPM[RPMs are at 3250 at new edit time]?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom