Microsoft Releases Windows Defender Beta 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

KSoD

Call me Mak or K, Mod Emeritus
The long awaited beta 2 of Windows Defender, formerly Windows AntiSpyware has now been released.

The new versions sports a new user interface similar to what is found in Windows Vista. The UI has been redesigned to make normal tasks easy, a better warning system and to be less intrusive.

Real time protection and monitoring has been enhanced to monitor more points of weakness in the Windows operating system.

The latest version now supports x64 operating systems and will run on users machines with or without administrator rights, something that was always an issue with Beta 1.

Microsoft's Windows Defender is one of if not the best solution against spyware and adware on Windows machines to date.

Download: Windows Defender Beta 2 (must have Legit XP. It requires Genuine Check)
View: Windows Defender Info
Source: Neowin

thanks for this...i find it very usefull and i have put it on all the work machines in the company :)

*hehe*

Support for 64-bit platforms, accessibility and localization - Windows Defender Beta 2 also adds support for accessibility and 64-bit platforms. Microsoft also plans to release German and Japanese localized versions of Windows Defender Beta 2 soon after the availability of the English versions. Use WindowsDefenderX64.msi for 64-bit platforms.

Avalanch3 said:
thanks for this...i find it very usefull and i have put it on all the work machines in the company :)
Beta 1 with a recent update will destroy Norton Anti Virus and will treat it as spyware and remove it. This is a Beta and is not recommended for a work envirorment. Not saying you can't but I'm warning you.

norton anti-virus....we dont use that here....we use AVG and that doesnt seem to have a problem with it....its not a major company anyway...only about 30 odd computers

derrmc said:
in my opinion,spyware was created by the anti spyware. why?
$

its the same as virus's....i have no dought that anti-virus companies made virus's for $$$ also.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom