MOBO is WAY too hot!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So with 2 80mm fans, 1 at 24CFM and the other at 39CFM, should a person have the more powerful fan as the intake to bring in cool air? I always thought have the more powerful fan as the exhaust to get the hot air out faster.

exhaust should always be stronger. Those fans don't have enough torque to actually PULL air in. They can push it out though. Lots less resistance...

Ryan

So what do I do? Have both as exhuast? I don't have any slots that can hold a 120mm.

Only thing I could do is have the front and rear exhuast and put a 120mm on the side and have it intake. If I didn't do that should I still have both as exhuast?

things are quite abit cooler than before. im getting these kind of temps idle now, the 37 for the mobo was a glitch i think, cause my cpu read 55 at that time. then i restarted and thigns were m,ore normal.

my.php

now OC'ing!i cant seemt o OC at all right now,but hopefully i will. if i cant i may sadly sell this thing and pick up a 3700 sandy, the guys at xtremesystems are raving over this new stepping of em, one of em OC'ed to 3.5 ghz!

you are saying something is wrong that im doing? i tried what you told me to do. i put a divider on my memory and did it just tried to up to 205 FSB and it crapped out on me, gave me all these windows errors.

karpfish24 said:
you are saying something is wrong that im doing? i tried what you told me to do. i put a divider on my memory and did it just tried to up to 205 FSB and it crapped out on me, gave me all these windows errors.
well..sometimes strange things happen when u OC...cuz each ppl's configuration is all different..
i can go up to HTT 235 at memory 1:1 ratio no problem. but as soon as i use divider it crashes whatever i do even on HTT 200 stock. so for me right now its better just do 1:1. and loosening ram timings r better than using ram divider at the moment. (dunno y my divider wont work..)im not saying u should try the same. im saying that u should try more other ways to make it work for ur comp. do more research and be patiant about it. its impossible to find out whats the best OC for ur comp in 1 day. give it a couple months to tweak around. unless ur cpu is obviously defective.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom