Opterons - OC and Gaming?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So you're telling me...that i could get this DC 1.8GHz S939...oc it to like a 2.6GHz (with a a zalman copper?) and it would be a DUAL CORE beast for only $325?

According to theinquirer.com, it can reach speeds of the FX-60. Dunno if that is stock or aftermarket cooling though.

huh...sounds great. I'll have to stretch my budget a little i think. maybe drop down so other fancy parts, but that sounds well worth it!

yes thats what they say .. but amd is sneaky like that ... they'll let intel get like 15 min of fame and the amd comes out of the alley and gives intel a right hook. then a 1-2 jab combo and amd has great cpu's and intel is floundering in the alley ......:p

I'll believe it when I see it...technology these days is so sparatic and overrated its not even funny. Its worse than the weather here in Maine, like I said "i'll believe it when i see it..."

Ya know whats funny though....the AM2 is coming out on June 6th...Ring a bell?

Yes ladies and gentlemen, that is D-DAY, 1944. The same day that the U.S. invaded Europe to rid the world of Nazi Germany. Let's hope AMD is as sucessful against the evil Intel tyrant...

If all AM2 does is add DDR2 support then I'm afraid intel has already won. But your right, they could do something sneaky, like with the X1800XT, and then nvidia released the 7800gtx512, so you never know...

DFI SLI-D or SLI-DR (or the Ultra-D if you don't want SLI). If you can
t afford those Biostar is the next best thing.

hmmm...$160 eh. Well for that price I might just look at the ASUS premium for $160 because that board doesn't look as bad as the other asus'. And the cpu is in a wierd spot on the DFI.

The biostar i posted doesn't look bad either now that i think of it. I'll prolly end up getting either the biostar for less $$$ or the premium if the $ drops. Thanks for the help though 003. You've convinced me of many other things tonight. lol (opty here i come!)

so pretty much this build

aspire x-plorer
antec truepower II sli
biostar Tforce4 SLI
AMD Opteron 165 939 DC @2.5GHz?
patriot ram 2x1GB
eVGA 7800GT w/ Zalman copper cooler
2x160GB SATA 3gb/s RAID 0 (maybe 2x250GBs w/16MB cache each?)
NEC dvd burner
5 lighted fans : )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom