Computer problems again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jstubbs

Solid State Member
gday all,

I wonder if you could give me some help with a problem. I have recently invested in a computer upgrade.

Asus A8n SLI delux
AMD Athlon 64 3200+ venice
GeForce 6600GT 256mb 128bit
additional:
2x512 mb 400mhz RAM
40gb barracuda HDD
80gb WD

Now im having a bit of a problem with the OS. When i boot and the boot priority is set on hdd it says "NTRDL" missing, or something like that, "please press crt alt del to Restart". WHen i set it on boot from cd and put the motherboard Cd in boots "loading kernel GO!" and boots into windows. That is problem number1. Now the other problem is i was ok for the time being booting of the cd cause it loaded windows but now when i boot from the cd it gets into the windows blue background with the windows logo on the middle right hand side of the screen and then does nothing. This is very annoying can anyone help or give some adive. Ive tryed format and reinstall of OS to no avail.

cheers

Jayson

Hmmm, you formatted and reinstalled and it still didnt work? Thats odd. I had the same problem till I found out Windows wont boot to a new motherboard, so all I did was reinstall windows and it worked decently till I installed service pack 2. Sorry I cant be of much help, but you might wanna call ASUS support, I did it twice and they were able to help me farily fast both times.

Run a hard drive diagnostic on the drive your installing Windows. The software can be found at the manufacturors website. Run the extended test then post results.

Make sure the Hard drive with windows is the one it boots from. You should be able to set this in the BIOS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom