onslaught of popups!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
fdisk, format C, re-install OS as HiJack this will kill the rest of my OS is I using any further.

That may be an option I have to utilize. I just need to get through tax season before I spend the time reformatting and reloading. I don't want to have to redo what I've already done.

canooten said:
That may be an option I have to utilize. I just need to get through tax season before I spend the time reformatting and reloading. I don't want to have to redo what I've already done.

One of the reasons B.A.S. (Business Activity Statement) Time is a very busy time for us. I get lot of phone calls for people that run private business, and the computer in one way or another $#!+s itself the week before they are due.

This is some thing that needs to happen every 3 months down here.

ya no kidding what is wintit.exe, yahoo didnt even find a mention of it on the web, so i doubt it could b nething legit. i believe clickspring is associated with purity scan which is a massive pop up producer, it actually starts a server on ur pc for all these pop ups. disable wintit in msconfig and restart and c if the pop ups begone and everything is good. if so find the path for it and get rid of it would b my advice. i dont let things run on my computer which i have no idea what theyre for. also search ur computer and registry for purity scan and find out what comes up.

Silesia said:
1. Spybot Search and Destory

then if there is still a problem....
2. Ad Aware 6.0

and there if there is still a problem....
3. HiJack This :rolleyes:

4. HiJack This again :eek:

5. HiJack This and again :angry:

6. fdisk, format C, re-install OS as HiJack this will kill the rest of my OS is I using any further. :mad: :mad: :mad:

Actually, in recent events, i have found that you can try to to use Spybot S&D and AD Aware 6.0 again after Step 3 and Before Step 4.

Any chance to avoid having to fdisk, format C, re-install OS or having my system screwwed over by too many HiJack This Attempts is a good thing.

Also, check you Internet Browser Home Page Address before connecting to the internet again. The anti spyware might clean out the Spyware Programs, however it does not check if your Internet Explorer Home Page URL is going to be a location that contains more spyware.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom