Graphics rank

Status
Not open for further replies.
Flanker said:
The 7800GT will play Call of Duty 2 at 50FPS with EVERYTHING Maxed out, as in 1280x1024 resolution, All settings High, 4xAA, and 16xAF.

You so overestimate the 7800GT. Maybe in SLI it can get close to that good of performance. It doesn't come anywhere near that, and it is best played at 1024x768 no matter what card you have.

cod212804aa7ou.gif

003 said:
Yeah the 7800GT is starting to show it's age.

Its a sad day when today's games are so demanding that even today's top cards(7800 GT being the 3rd best card available), are confined to 1024x768 for decent performance. What is wrong with developers!

Oops, I looked at the Pure Speed benchmarks by accident. Thats the FPS the 7800GT will get without AA or AF. But as far as me underestimating the 7800GT, you can lick my backside. I've seen my friend with a 7800GT and FX-55 get ~50FPS consistently in CoD2 at maximum graphics, with 4xAA and 8xAF on 1280x1024 resolution. So those benchmarks aren't 100% accurate, but if you think that a 7800GT is gonna get 27FPS...dream on.

I'm sure I'll be getting higher benchmarks that those, and I'm more than happy playing CoD2 at 40+FPS. Showing its age my a$$.

Hmm...thats wierd....I get about 27fps average on those settings with my 7800GT, sometimes less in the snowy maps. Your friend probably just dropped it to DirectX 7 which provides a great increase in performance. You only have a 6600GT Flanker, so I don't have any idea why you are so defensive about the 7800GT being a be-all-end-all beast when in fact none of today's cards can be that as demanding as today's games are. Face it Flanker, today's cards aren't quite up to the challenge of today's games at max settings.

I'm there with him, and he's not stupid enough to drop it down to DX7. Its as max as those graphics get, and 50FPS.

I'm not defensive of the 7800GT. I'm defensive against idiocrisy like yours that would say that the 7800GT isn't up to today's games.

Face it Beedubaya, today's cards are quite up to the challenge of today's games at today's settings. FEAR is a crappy engine for what it provides, not worthy as a benchmark.

If what you are saying is true, you have to face the fact that CoD2 is a crappy engine as well. I need some other proof that CoD2 performs as well as you are insisting it does at max settings on a 7800GT besides you telling me "your friend" can do it and it stays at 50 fps. I can't say I've heard anybody say a 7800GT performs that well in COD 2 at those settings unless they were using SLI.

Maybe 50 fps in some maps, but I can tell you right now he doesn't get that when there is smoke all over and snow is falling everywhere, etc. I have to turn the smoke quality all the way down because its just too demanding.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom