Comp Wont Start

Status
Not open for further replies.

EzD

Baseband Member
Ok so my computer has been working good ever since I got it. Basically, I had every USB port taken by something, one of which was for a printer. I had a party, so I disconnected all the cables, and hid my computer to avoid damage, and in the morning I connected the computer again. I used it for a few hours then felt like hooking my printer back up. When I plugged the printer USB cable into the front USB slots of my computer, the screen froze, and I had to restard.

Ever since then, when I turn on my computer, I get no loading whatsoever....The RAM light will not flicker, and the only noise is the CPU fan, GFXcard fan, and powersupply fan, I hear nothing else..

My monitor does not turn on either, so I do not get any diagnostics whatsoever. So basically im stuck with a 1500$ ipod charger right now and I want to know what could be wrong.

I have A

ASUS P4P800 SE Mobo
Pentium 4 @ 3.2 GHZ
1024 GB DDR RAM
Windows XP
Zalman CPU Cooling
80 GB Hard drive
Geforce 6600GT
Sound blaster live

P.S, the insides are clean, there is no dust lingering around.

Yeah, I have the bare minimum plugged in right now. It doesnt seem to matter whats connected to the PC, same result everytime.

I have reseated my GFXcard as well, doesnt seem to be the problem

I had this problem too.. i hope mine isnt a fried mobo... anyway i reset the bios and then was able to boot with post and monitor showing up but i crash at XP bootup ie Splash screen.. same with XP install disk..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom