Is this Stable? OC'ing

Status
Not open for further replies.
reggie_da_man said:
Press print screen above page up on your keyboard. Then upload it to a site, right click on the uploaded picture, copy the link and then back in the post write[*IMG]your link[/IMG*] Without the stars. If you go any higher your going to have to set the HT frequency to 4X. (You take the FSB and multiply it by that number, you want to stay as close to 1000 as possible.)

Sorry to sound so slow at this but, lemme see if i understand what your saying

Ok the way im doing it is 10x 240 to get 2.4

your way is less multiplying and more HT? right?

Hapx4.0 said:
Okay i put it at 1.4, and Everest says its at 1.42 so i think ill leave it there, i ran the stresscpu and the temp never broke 45, at 2.4ghz with 240, x10.

how do i take a screenshot of my cpuz and everest ?
run prime95 for over night. like 12 hours. and if u see no errors, its stable.
u can try OCCT too. since OCCT has 30 min stress test if u wanna see quick look at the stability.
but i would recomend u to do both. sometimes prime95 passes but not OCCT.

^ Cool thanks! im just REALLY new at this, i always bought my pcs before this one and i had to sell one of my nice guitar amps to get this haha, so i dont wana mess it up. ill try them programs, thanks!

ahh ok , yea i think it does it auto, but i did the OCCT test and it says it was A-Okay! Thanks!

Seems like its running great at 2.4ghz.

Oh and a question, i have it set to 250 HTT and @ 10x multi. Should i put it at 300 and x8? to have more FSB ( HTT )

And does anyone know why my CPU led light stays on now that i have overclocked? does it think its working all the time? even when my cpu usage is at 0%?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom