Is this Stable? OC'ing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hapx4.0

In Runtime
Hi, this is my first time overclocking and i'm still a little nervous because i don't wanna damage anything. I have a AMD 3200+ Venice core 2.0ghz CPU, Asus A8N-SLI motherboard, PNY PC3200 Ram, 450 PSU.

I have a little tool in my BIOS that lets me overclock by 1%-10%, i went and put it at 10% making my PC a 2.2ghz, 2200FSB ( 10x 220 ), Voltage CPU Core is at 1.5 V.

I ran the CPU test stress and i got to 293000 with no errors and the temp never broke 49 ( it stays at 32 when idle ). i stopped manually.

is this look ok? am i doing anything wrong or should i do anything else? i will answer any questions or run anything if anyone wants me to, to check to make sure its ok.

Any help will be appreciated!

Thanks

It looks good, but i wuoldnt use the automated overclock, do it yourself 1.5V is pretty high just for that slight overclock. All you have to do is raise the FSB 5-10mhz and then if it gets unstable up the voltage. If that doesnt help its most likley your ram :)

Anyways if its prime95 stable for around 12 hours your golden ;)

Okay lol, i went into the BIOS and i set the CPU frequency to 230 thinking it would put it at 2.3ghz, and when i started up it said it was at 1.8 lol....so some how it under clocked it. After turning off the AI 10% i was at.

Lol yea i just figured that out, ok im getting the hang of it. Ok so if i set the freq to 240 , multiplier to 10x, it will run at 2.4ghz. do i put the cpu voltage at 1.4? sence thats what my cpu should have? or like 1.45 sence im overlocking it a little? when i put it on auto it had the voltage low at like 1.1 V

Nitestick, do you think i could talk to you on something like AIM ? got a few questions and dont wana keep bumping a thread

You dont want to bump the voltage until it becomes unstable :) But 1.45 is a good range to keep it at

Okay i put it at 1.4, and Everest says its at 1.42 so i think ill leave it there, i ran the stresscpu and the temp never broke 45, at 2.4ghz with 240, x10.

how do i take a screenshot of my cpuz and everest ?

Press print screen above page up on your keyboard. Then upload it to a site, right click on the uploaded picture, copy the link and then back in the post write[*IMG]your link[/IMG*] Without the stars. If you go any higher your going to have to set the HT frequency to 4X. (You take the FSB and multiply it by that number, you want to stay as close to 1000 as possible.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom