Little bit of artifacting ok for an overclock?

Status
Not open for further replies.

stainer711

In Runtime
I get a bit of artifacting when i overclock my 7800gt on any setting, but the card plays much smoother when so. Is it okay if i only get artifacting on counterstrike: source to just keep it overclocked or will i likely damage my card? It is only overclocked by 34 mhz/ .05 ghz. I notice nothing on any other game.

Try overclocking some more...i've had artifacting on lower settings, and none when it's higher...try different combinations of mem and core oc's.

It is only happening on certain occasions. I only saw artifacting on two levels for about a seconds each time for a few rounds, and then i had none for the rest of the day. My card's temperature is only about 51 degrees overclocked.

If you have any artifacting at all, reomve the overclock. A stable overclock will have no artifacting at all, in any game or program.

Artifacts are basically errors. I wouldn't think you'd want to constantly run a card at speeds that make it err.

with only 34mhz, it could have been something besides the card. if it happens on a regular basis, down clock and/or get a aftermarket cooler.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom