hard drive question

Status
Not open for further replies.

wtk pro l

Daemon Poster
if i switch out my motherboard but keep my same hard drives willl i have to reinstall the drivers for my hard drive? i am switching to dfi lanparty sli.

you'll probably need to reformat because of such a huge change. Your hard drive doesn't exactly have complex drivers or anything. your MOTHERBOARD is a very complex piece of equipment that needs to be optimized, so that's the new drivers you'll have to install. That is, if windows even boots. I'd do a fresh install.

Ryan

You can go without reinstalling the drivers yes, but until you recalibrate by reformatting and the such you will most likely experience malfunctions and dragginess in your computer. So the best thing to do is backup and wipe everything clean.

::-Chase-::

yes about that i was talking to P-0 and i was going to get a new mobo and new hdd install my os on the new hdd and then plug th old one back in and remove the os off that one .. would that work?? ... or i plan to get my new 200 and put the stuff i wanna keep on that and then take my 80gb and reformat it for the new hd with the os that would work right?

ok i am upgrading from an msi k4tv (i know it sucks) to a lanparty sli. now if into my bios on the first boot-up and set it to boot from dvd drive and i have the xp cd in the drive. can i install xp from there. i dont have anything on my hard drive worth keeping just everest and prime95 and a couple of games, so i have no problem just deleting it?

ppl tell me 1 gb is better for gaming and .... here i go again snick ... the only games right now that use /need over a gig is BF2 ... get a gig for now and later when games need 2 gigs then buy more or maybe better rma wil lbe out like ddr3 for amd :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom