rhino=100% cpu?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tommyboy123x

Daemon Poster
If you are not familiar with rhino, you can check it out at www.rhino3d.com, but basically it is a 3d mapping tool that i have been using for a while. My specs are in my sig, so you can check it out, but rhino is taking up all my cpu and using close to 200,000k of memory when it is simply running. When i attempt to render, it will go up to as far as 1,000,000k of memory and about half the time freeze my system.

Is this a hardware issue or a software issue (and if you know, why)?

p.s. the problem got worse when i installed the other mcneele software evaluation version such as bongo, penguin, and flamingo that add more versitile options such as rendering the image with a sketched look (penguin) or more accuratelly (flamingo), animation (bongo).

thanks!

i was going to say maybe gfx card was bottlenecking it but i believe that should handle that.. maybe over heating did you check also for drivers or updates or patches for all your equiptment .. thats what i would think ......:(

Theyoyokid303 said:
i was goingt osay maybe gfx card was bottlenecking it but i believe that should handle than.. maybe over heating did oyu check also for drivers or updates or patches for all your equiptment .. thats what i would think ......:(

You either.......

FFIINNEE, I'll help.

Make sure you don't have any viruses on your computer. Do a full Virus/spyware/adware check. Also, go into the task manager under processes and shut down the unimportant stuff you aren't using. If that doesn't help format your hard drive.

i scan for crap all the time with 5 tools (yahoo, ad-aware, microsoft, mcafee, regseeker, and periodically this online scanner) and i JUST finished reformatting....

my card has been getting warm when playing games i've noticed... i'll check on some and stuff, but it seems like leadtek rarely updates the drivers for the "older" products.

EDIT: no luck... no updates, no patches, and it is not over heating... ive tried changeing the priority and setting it so it can only use processor 0, processor 1, etc.

how do the f*****g computers at my school render it but mine cant?!
(i'm getting annoyed at my computer....lol)

Hmmmm..... download MBM5 and see what your temps are. Also, why would you be downloading drivers from leadtek? Download them from nVIDIA.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom