windows Backup

Status
Not open for further replies.

NIN

In Runtime
I'm using windows backup on windows 2000 and was wondering how well it resores you files. I'm doing a backup of everything and backing up to an external hard drive. I have it scheduled to backup daily. Anybody with any experience with this.

peace,
Tom

NIN said:
I'm using windows backup on windows 2000 and was wondering how well it resores you files. I'm doing a backup of everything and backing up to an external hard drive. I have it scheduled to backup daily. Anybody with any experience with this.

peace,
Tom

if you have the 2000 disc, i would not worry about it.

I personally dont use Windows as a backup. I make an image of my hard drive with either Norton Ghost or Acronis True Image. But i also have my hard drive partitioned so that only my OS is on its own partition. Everything else including games is installed on another partition. So when i do a image it takes my OS partition and nothing else gets affected.

Hello Tom,

I don't use Windows backup too, I prefer Acronis True Image .
Once a month I make a full sytem backup, and almost every day I do incremental backup - it saves a lot of time.
By the way, my OS is on separated partition.

Good luck!

Acronis here also. I used to use the windows backup but it was hard for users because it saves it as one file instead of making a copy to the shared$ drive so I done away with it. We also use Synctoy.

Here is a related question. I have a bad taste in my mouth about Syamntec products and will not use any of them. What do you recommend for a hard disk backup? I have a DVD-RW so the software needs to support DVDs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom