Clueless : Crashing Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeff1000

In Runtime
Ok so it started when I bought another stick of Ultra ram, a 512MB stick to match my existing 512 stick. ItÂ’s those sticks that are always on sale at Tigerdirect, you guys know what I'm talking about, so anyways, after I installed the 2nd stick of ram (dual channel) my computer started to freeze, when I would play COD2 ONLY. and since Ultra isnÂ’t a manufacturer and doesnÂ’t MAKE the sticks of ram I went back and tried to exchange the stick that I thought was faulty for a new one, they tested it, and they said it was not defective, so I say ok, can I at least get it exchanged for the exact same stick, they say ok, and I get it. I go home throw it in dual channel, look in cpu-z and the manufacturers are both PDP, great so it will work now, (before they were different manufacturers) so IÂ’m thinking its going to work, and IÂ’m going to have fun playing with out my computer crapping, but to my dismay, it still freezes, its the kind of freezing where it pays a sound over and over and over. So now I have both sticks in separate channels, and STILL it crashes. IÂ’m not an illiterate computer user, but now I have no idea what to do or how to test why this is occurring. My computer is 100% virus free.

Spell Checked because I love you guys. <3

www.team-vanquish.com/mthdcpuz.html
http://valid.x86-secret.com/show_oc?id=71459
1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

Could it be the CAS# latency differnces causing this problem?

Other Specs
Ultra :( Xconnect 400w
Gigabyte GA-K8NSC-939
XFX Nvidia 6200 AGP
PROCESSOR IS OC'ED TO 2.3GHZ

Please help I can't compete while I'm rebooting half the time. Thanks alot, please ask if you need more info about the computer

And you say it only freezes when you play this game? Can you play the game with the one stick of ram. I'm asking because the problem sounds like a problem with the Game and one of your drivers like Video or Sound. If it is only with the game you could save all your saves onto a disk and reinstall the game with the ram installed and reload your saved games and try it out. I know I'm grasping but its worth a shot. I don't think the CAS latency would make a differance. And you did say you ran them both in seperet channles not daul ram then for sure cas latency wouldnt matter then.

Yeah it only happens when I play the game. Video drivers are 81.98, and my soundcard Turtlebeach Catalina 7.1 is as upto date as it gets. I dont use dolby or anything just the basic 2 channel game settings, and I use my headphones.

Reinstalling didnt work when i tried it before. And when I played with the one stick, it played flawlessly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom