7900 News

Status
Not open for further replies.
Flanker said:
Dream on. The standard is a 2.0-3.2Ghz Pentium 4 processor, 512MB RAM, a 40-80GB HDD, and Integrated graphics.

Yeah, and they JUST NOW are starting to bump them up to 512MB. Pretty much all sub-$500 models, which are the most popular, still have 256MB. And they don't usually use Pentium 4s or AMD 64s unless you go for the more expensive "Media Center" models. The mainstream budget models have Celeron or Sempron processors.

Flanker said:
Dream on. The standard is a 2.0-3.2Ghz Pentium 4 processor, 512MB RAM, a 40-80GB HDD, and Integrated graphics.

Here @ Best Buy we average:

AMD X2 3800+'s in most except eMachines or Dual Core intels @ 2ghz
160gb sata's
1gig ram (some 2)
integrated x300 video
and it comes with all periphials

of course, its more epensive then building your own.

you can't just take the average of all the PC's at best buy... You have to take the average of all the pc's people actually buy. These consist of hugely underpriced piles of garbage which really ARE just switching over to 512mb of ram. I'm going with the other guys on this one.

Ryan

Besides wallmart I've never really seen comps like that.

Granted this is a pretty flurished area, so that is probably why.

No believe me the average is some dell comp with a 2-3ghz pentium, 512 mb RAM at most, a 40 or 80 gb hard drive, and some crappy $50 or less video card. But mind you the average adult uses there computer for some work stuff, browsing internet, and using email. The average teen uses a computer for internet, email, downloading songs, and chatting.

Just by talking to friends at school I probaly find like 1 person that plays any games on there comp. Most kids use a gaming console. That is the reason the average computer is crappy for gaming. Because not many people that own computers game on them. So the average computer is fine for what it's used for.

Alex lives in a bit wealthier and tech-savvy area, so thats why retailers probably sell higher end stuff where he lives. Most people however, buy the computer which I described above. In my area, you are considered insane if you have 1GB or more of memory, being as most people with "new" computers have 256MB.

Jesus crhist drop the Vista DX10 crap. When Vista comes out it will run on DX9d so get a life and stop arguing. I wouldnt really care at this point because i am part of this conversation but its already been proven that Vista will release w/ DX9d and will not need DX10 cards to run it OBVIOUSLY. Also, take another look at those benches. The card was benched on a failry old setup which to me was stupid. P4 3.0ghz, 1gig of ram. Yea look what i have.......big difference already and increase in frames from just the setup and even the bump from 1gig to 2gig. Also if its that bad ill play FEAR on 12800x1024 or w/e. Not to mention ie gotten 5 hours into the game already and im bored w/ it so ill prolly be playing Morrowind, UTK04, Most Wanted, and Quake4 multi for home blown LANs. Also, 200-250-or even 300 isnt going to do much for me at college considering my scholarship already pays for it and i have a car and clothes and everything i need. I couldnt ask for more cept this card and im set on it. Besides w/ this card ill also be able to play UT07 and since im doubting its as demanding as FEAR ill be able to play it good settings. Im not a AA, AF, or max res freak so 1024x768 high settings will sufice. On the prebuilt stuff. Wal-Mart here is selling a 3700+ A64 system w/ 2gig of ram and a 160gig HD SATA w/ idk for video. Frys is selling Pentium Ds w/ 2gigs of ram as well and im pretty much in the boonies. I didnt read the prebuilt discusion so idk what im saying this for but im hoping it helps? Lol

Uh....we have dropped the DX10/Vista crap, and you wont need DX10 to run it. Thats why we were talking about the crappy pre-built PCs and how they will have to be supported.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom