In need of some help and guidence

Status
Not open for further replies.

stevedub

In Runtime
Ok to begin I have some good knowledge on how to build a computer, as I have build my own and I did pretty good with that build. What I would like to do is upgrade my dad's motherboard and processor. I found a brand new socket 370 motherboard at work that I am going to use and we bought a PIII 1.2 gig processor. My dad currently has a PIII 500 mhz chip, so this would be a nice cheap upgrade

What I need help with is the proper way to install this new motherboard into his computer. I tried just putting the motherboard in as is, and that obviously didn't work. I later found out that I should wipe the HD and put a clean windows install.

Is this basically all I really need to do to get up and running? Any advice you guys could provide would really be a big help since you guys have really helped out in the past.

yeah, just the fresh install of windows. Windows includes some security features and often won't let you boot if you have drastic hardware changes. Motherboards are such a big deal driver-wise, so that definately needs a reformat.

Ryan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom