7900 News

Status
Not open for further replies.
NO. The G80 Cards are based around MS Vista and DX10. They will not release those cards until MS Vista is launched and available. Even if they do release them and they are available, the performance hinges on Vista & DX10.

Microsoft exec says the OS won't be available until the last quarter of 2006. November, December or January. That's if it doesn't get pushed back again. That's almost 1yr from now.

UT2007 will be available Early 3rd Quarter 2006. So sometime at the end of this summer.

Like i've said 100 times. I'll wait atleast 1 to 2 years to even think about Vista & DX10 or Hardware associated with those 2.

Well, if they hold off on the G80 till 4th quarter, then UT2007 better run darn good on the 7900s, and by the end of summer, the 7900 series will be a much cheaper upgrade if UT2007 does in fact struggle on the 7800GT/X.

HAVOC2k5 said:
NO. The G80 Cards are based around MS Vista and DX10. They will not release those cards until MS Vista is launched and available. Even if they do release them and they are available, the performance hinges on Vista & DX10.

Microsoft exec says the OS won't be available until the last quarter of 2006. November, December or January. That's if it doesn't get pushed back again. That's almost 1yr from now.

UT2007 will be available Early 3rd Quarter 2006. So sometime at the end of this summer.

Like i've said 100 times. I'll wait atleast 1 to 2 years to even think about Vista & DX10 or Hardware associated with those 2.

GeForce 8 may be needed when Windows Vista comes out, but the cards will come out in the July-ish timeframe.

And GeForce 8 will obviously perform better than even the 7900GTX even in DX9 games.

I probably wont even look into getting Vista intil SP1. So far I dont like it, XP with blinds is kick *** for me right now.

Flanker said:
GeForce 8 may be needed got Windows Vista, but it will come out in the July-ish timeframe.
Umm no. You are not going to need a GeForce 8 (or ATI equivalent) to run vista. Nobody would buy it if it needed a $600+ (or even $300) video card to run.

003 said:
Umm no. You are not going to need a GeForce 8 (or ATI equivalent) to run vista. Nobody would buy it if it needed a $600+ (or even $300) video card to run.

Yeah, especially since the vast majority of Americans use a $299 emachines or Dell with 256MB of RAM and a 40GB hard drive, Celeron processor and Intel Integrated graphics. This is still the standard at retail stores for new PCs!, although I think they upgraded the hard drive to 80GB now. Vista is made for the computer illiterate, so they definately are keeping these people in mind.

Ah, my bad, thats not what I meant though. I edited my post to say that it may be needed when Windows Vista comes out. When Vista comes out, games will follow, and they will need a GeForce 8 card. But its true that Windows Vista will run on DX9.0.

As much as I hate to say it, you guys need to give a little more credit to prebuilt computers. That is NOT the standard. Last time I was out looking at computers, many of them had 1- 1.5 gbs of ram. Most of them had 160 gb sata hard drives, some of them even had dual core AMD processors. These computers were in the 800-1200 range.

PoisonPorkchop said:
As much as I hate to say it, you guys need to give a little more credit to prebuilt computers. That is NOT the standard. Last time I was out looking at computers, many of them had 1- 1.5 gbs of ram. Most of them had 160 gb sata hard drives, some of them even had dual core AMD processors. These computers were in the 800-1200 range.

Dream on. The standard is a 2.0-3.2Ghz Pentium 4 processor, 512MB RAM, a 40-80GB HDD, and Integrated graphics.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom