Windows XP Will burn in hell!

Status
Not open for further replies.

shan

Daemon Poster
Man I'm so ready to start deleting random .dll files and .exe's in various directories of windows, until it is dead and can not breath another breath of air.

Whenever I close VP Hall (Pool game) It closes the app, and just shuts down windows, completely. It also does it when i exit out of various shockwave things.

Anyone else out there have problems when exiting programs it just shuts down windows? It's kinda like i just unplug my battery or something... :confused: :confused:

haha, it must be. I think NTFS Stands for Never Try Free Systems (OS). I think there's some default in windows if it finds out that the hd has been partitioned and your computer runs another OS (Non MS) It finds a couple programs that you don't use very often and puts and Hard Shut down command in the programs Exit Command.

Or maybe it's a virus...maybe I should install some antivirus software. Oh well all the important files are on Linux, mostly.

ARGHHH!!!:mad: :mad:

It did it again. It seems that when ever i run a "DOS" based app, in "fullscreen mode" and exit out of it, it shuts down windows...

Any suggestions?

I've been using XP Pro since it came out, and have had no probs. IMO, it's one of the best, most solid OS's ever. (yes, I also use Linux, but not as much)

shan said:
I think there's some default in windows if it finds out that the hd has been partitioned and your computer runs another OS (Non MS) It finds a couple programs that you don't use very often and puts and Hard Shut down command in the programs Exit Command.

Or maybe it's a virus...maybe I should install some antivirus software. Oh well all the important files are on Linux, mostly.

Nope. I've got many partitions, most have data, but one has linux on it, since I dual-boot, and I have never experienced this problem.

Does it only happen in DOS based programs?

Yea, the only thing on here is Vitual Pool Hall, that I play at work when i have nothing better to do. Anything else works fine....I even tried re-installing pool hall...oh well. I guess I'll just have to install vp2 and see if that works (if there's a patch, I know 98 needed a patch...as I'm off to see if i can find a patch)

la la la la la ......

Yea, i just got it installed, damn it's sweet! Well i guess I'll just totally uninstall VPHall and forget about my troubles! :)

I think Windows XP is fine if you use Professional on an NTFS partition.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom