a belated Hi everyone...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ethereal_Dragon

Fully Optimized
Ok, so I didn't initially post in here, but I am still relativly new....

I live in the Chicago suburbs, and work in a call center as a Technical Support Engineer 1 for a major telephone company (I am in the DATA side of the house though... working with Frame relay and ATM circuits).

I have built a few systems, and I am the person that gets everyone's OLD systems, cause I THINK I could do something with it, but it really just sits in a closet... lol.

I have UPGRADED a Pentium 100 with an 'evergreen upgrade' to get it to 133 MHz... 72 Megs of RAM. extra hard drive. That was really the first PC I had cracked open.

Next was a Pentium2 (maybe it was a 3, can't remember) 650E.... 512MB ram, random AGP video card, buch on hard drives, and of couse what system ins't complete in a server tower with SEVEN 5.25" external bays.... (I dunno... I was in highschool, and found it funny that I could sit on my case and roll it around like a chair.. lol)

The next system was a FORCED upgrade when the 650 MHz crashed and burned... I think it was a motherboard failure, but it was basically pitched out. This time, I was moving to AMD, with an AMD 2200+ XP, again 512MB ram, same random AGP video card (I Think it was an ATI Rage PRO 3D or something)... Finding that card unable to meet my needs, I replaced it with an ATI 9800 All-in-wonder AGP. That system was nice, but then it wouldn't run Rollercoaster Tycoon 3, which kind of ticked me off....

The next system I built about 6-8 months ago, because I had the money, because I could, and because I wanted to be able to play newer games. That system is the Shuttle listed in my Sig.

In case anyone was wondering... the PC's in my closet consist of the 133 MHZ P1 I originally had, I THINK someone gave me a 486, has Windows 3.1 installed.... an AMD K7 running at about 400 MHz I think, and some dual CPU running 2 Pentium 2's at either 200 MHz or 400 MHz each... also a HUGE BIN filled with about 12 keyboards, random memory sticks, LOTS of strange hardware, and other junk.

Also listed in my Sig is that I am a Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA). This would be a good thing to look into for anyone looking to go into networking, or a telecom industry.

I am also into cars, and currently drive a 2005 Scion xB. My toaster rocks, and I get 32 MPG. :p I have been researching & hoping to put together a mini-ITX computer for use in the car to provide DVD player, GPS navigation, MP3 storage, etc., but I have gotten stuck at how to wire the PC up to the amplifiers, plus there is a lack of funds at the moment.... Not too worried about this anyways.

Anyway.... HI ALL!

Glad to formally meet you, E_D.

I figured you must have dug through a few PCs in your time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom